The age old question...

Caramel1398

The reason you can't seem to get a straight answer is because the seafood buffet now seems to be hit and miss. They have it on a sailing or two, then poof, it's gone again. I don't think anyone can answer your question, especially for a sailing next January. By then, who knows, they could be offering them again on all of the Cafe Caribe ships, or not have any type of seafood beffet at all. Impossible to say for sure. ;)

Hi all,

I've seen it go back and forth on these boards but with never a clear answer... Does Princess still offer the seafood buffet on sail away day? Sailing on the Ruby in January and can't wait!

Thanks!

Never seen one on any of our cruises. But then... haven't looked that hard. :)

Not only did the Ruby have lobster claws, shrimp and crab legs on the the first evening, (Nov) they also had lobster claws on each of the two formal nights. This of course is no guaranty that it will always be done the same but it's a good chance that they'll at least have a seafood buffet the first evening. After all what are they going to do with all the lobster claws left over from the formal night in the DR?

I thought they served lobster tails in the DR? :confused:

They do serve the tails in the DR but the left over claws make it to the Horizon buffet. I enjoy the claws even more & you can take as much as you want with having to re-order another tail from the waiter. Sometimes they're pre-cracked, sometime not and you have to beat them with a knife handle. I've also never seen tails in the Horizon or Cafe Carib.

Not only did the Ruby have lobster claws, shrimp and crab legs on the the first evening, (Nov) they also had lobster claws on each of the two formal nights. This of course is no guaranty that it will always be done the same but it's a good chance that they'll at least have a seafood buffet the first evening. After all what are they going to do with all the lobster claws left over from the formal night in the DR?

on Feb 21st sailing of Caribbean Princess, it had everything the Ruby had as listed by Happy Cruiser above. I love Princess for this reason!!

Hi all,

I've seen it go back and forth on these boards but with never a clear answer... Does Princess still offer the seafood buffet on sail away day? Sailing on the Ruby in January and can't wait!

Thanks!

If it is available its usually only on the ships with the Caribe Cafe Ruby/Emerald/Crown/Caribbean Princess.

But as Toto said its hit and miss.

Have done it on the Caribbean and Emerald Princess- wonderful place for a pre-dinner snack for those of us on late seating. On the Caribbean Princess a few years ago, they had it twice. Gotta love it!

Princess originally started this Seafood Buffet to pull people away from the main dining rooms on nights that were particularly busy.

The idea was to reduce waiting lines and times in front of the dining rooms.

I didn't really work.

Most passengers looked at this as an extra early meal before they all lined up at the dining rooms anyway.

Due to the extremely high cost of this buffet - and it's complete failure in reducing lines - you can expect to see it gradually disappear.

Princess originally started this Seafood Buffet to pull people away from the main dining rooms on nights that were particularly busy.

I didn't really work.

Most passengers looked at this as an extra early meal before they all lined up at the dining rooms anyway.

Due to the extremely high cost of this buffet - and it's complete failure in reducing lines - you can expect to see it gradually disappear.

Thats strange I have only seen it during sailaway. :confused:

I didn't really work.

It's also strange that they would do it on the first evening when we've never seen the DR crowded when first opening and the dress is just about anything goes. It's hard to imagine anyone eating at the buffet and also lining up at the DR for more food. I could understand doing so on formal evenings when the lines form outside all DR's.

If they do eliminate it we'll just return to the DR as usual but not as happy.

Archived