Leaving this weekend...pool & dining questions

mong1114

I am so excited, I am leaving on our first Disney cruise THIS SATURDAY (and hoping the weather cooperates!)!!! I want to thank everyone on this board, I have had so many questions and everyone has been so helpful! I promise to come back and post a review and help others as you have done for me. But, two more before I go!

What time do you have to get to the pools in the morning in order to actually get a lounge chair? The pool areas seem so small!

Also, we want to catch the Sunset Festival in Key West but have early dining. For that one night, will they allow us to switch our dining to late? I know there are other options like room service and the buffet, but I don't want to miss Animators Palate if that is where we are supposed to be that night. Suggestions?

I am so excited, I am leaving on our first Disney cruise THIS SATURDAY (and hoping the weather cooperates!)!!! I want to thank everyone on this board, I have had so many questions and everyone has been so helpful! I promise to come back and post a review and help others as you have done for me. But, two more before I go!

What time do you have to get to the pools in the morning in order to actually get a lounge chair? The pool areas seem so small!

Also, we want to catch the Sunset Festival in Key West but have early dining. For that one night, will they allow us to switch our dining to late? I know there are other options like room service and the buffet, but I don't want to miss Animators Palate if that is where we are supposed to be that night. Suggestions?

People come and go all day at the pools. Going during meal times is the best time to catch a lounge chair. Some people go early before breakfast and throw towels on the chairs to save them which is unfair. But my last 3 cruises I noticed CM's taking those towels off the chairs so people couldnt save them. We have never had a problem getting a chair.

If you go and they are filled, just sit at a table under the shaded area and watch for one to open up. It wont take long.

The sunset party at KW goes really late, but as you know the sun will set during early dinner this time of the year.. I have enver heard of someone asking to switch for just one night but they night have room for you if you ask. Maybe someone who is scheduled for Palos so they know the table will be empty.

It cant hurt to ask. Many stay fof the ship until late that night and skip dinner on the ship which will free up room but of course the wait staff doesnt know who will be gone for open seats unless they have Palos reservations.

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

You may have to decide which you want the most.

Even if you miss the sunset you can still join the party after dinner.

I would not worry too much about missing Animators Palate. The "show" is really not worth missing something else for. If you are concerned about missing the food, just go beach blanket buffet that night. It is not a buffet for dinner. They serve sit down meals and usually you can get dishes from the main dining room if you ask. They are open for dinner till 8:30pm according to our previous navigators.

Jim

Archived