Port of call choices?

JPG54

Hi all! I am trying to plan a first cruise for my wife and I. It will be our 20th anniversary!

I am looking at a 5 day on the Elation out of Mobile. I need help with choosing the ports of call.

Cozumel and Progreso, or Cozumel and Calica? Which one do you guys recommend and why? :confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Have a look at the Ports of Call section here on Cruise Critic. Also, read through descriptions of Carnival's shore excursions. Those two things should give you the info you need to make the best choice for you. Sometimes there's one shore excursion that swings which cruise to take.

Hi all! I am trying to plan a first cruise for my wife and I. It will be our 20th anniversary!

I am looking at a 5 day on the Elation out of Mobile. I need help with choosing the ports of call.

Cozumel and Progreso, or Cozumel and Calica? Which one do you guys recommend and why? :confused:

I recommend the cruise that docks in Calica. There are no other ships that stop at Calica. The actual port of Calica is just a gravel pit but taxis are cheap and they can take you to Playa Del Carmen which is beautiful. The beach is gorgeous and there are lots of shops within walking distance of the beach. You can also visit XCaret which is a very beautiful ecological park that has many things to see and do. We had a great time there. http://www.xcaret.com/ Progreso is ok in my opinion.

They both are wonderful ports. Progresso is like how Cozumel was 15 years ago. Calica, while nothing to the port, is very near Playa Del Carmen which has its own significant upside. For beaching, I would give the edge to Calica, for touring to Progresso.

Archived