Earliest return flight?

gonna go cruising

Unless disembarking from the Caribbean Princess runs differently that other Princess ships at Ft. Lauderdale, a 1230pm flight should be just fine. If you booked your own air just make certain you let the pursers desk know the time of you flight so that they can give you the correct colored tags. A cab from the pier can get you to the airport in about 10 to 15 minutes.

Skip the Princess transfers -- cab is quicker and cheaper. And on the way TOO the ship you can ask him to stop at a liquor or grocery store so you can stock up.

Seriously, we did the transfer from FLL to the ship once, never again -- no point in waiting for a bus to fill up, and it's nice to be able to do some last minute shopping.

Hi!

My husband and I usually book an 11:00 flight and have never had a problem. Just make sure that you get the right colored tags so that you are among the first ones off the ship. My suggestion is to take a cab rather than transfers. Since you will be off early, it is easy to get a cab, especially if you use a porter. Somehow, he is able to get a cab more quickly than you might be able to do on your own. If you take a transfer, you will have to wait for a bus to fill up, and it definitely will take much longer. The cab will have you at the airport in less than 10 minutes.

Reggie

With a 12:30PM flight home, you will not get priority debarkation.

Find a Porter.

"Show him the money".

Ask him if he can assure you he will personally get you and your luggage into a cab.

Follow Porter to cab.

Tip Porter!

The cab fiasco as I call it after getting off the 12/04/2004 sailing of the Caribbean Princess is something I hope I never see again. There was a hostile situation brewing and I could not believe people were being so rude and pushy and just about ready to come to blows. I was staying in FLL for the night, so I wasn't in a panic, but if I had to catch a 12:30PM flight it would have been nerve racking.

There were 5 ships in port that day (12/11/2004), not an extraordinary amount, so I don't know what the problem was. It was a mess and disorganized. Although, in all honesty, I have heard others that said catching a cab was a breeze.

I've never taken the transfers so I can't speak to that as I find the cab is so much more convenient and even less expensive, but I wish you the best luck!!!!

Just my observations!

We just returned from a Star Princess Caribbean cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. Our flight back home was an 11:45am flight out of Miami (MIA). We used the Princess transfer bus and we made it to the airport approximately 2 hours before our flight. But, we did manage to disembark in the 3rd or 4th group.

The FLL airport is very close to Port Everglades so you shouldn't have a problem.

Archived