Sunday and Labour Day in Bermuda

alphakitty

We are going on NCL for the first time on Spirit Boston to Bermuda. We booked on 9/3 which is Labor Day weekend. I think we made a mistake booking this date as we will be there on Sunday and Monday is Labour Day in Bermuda too, so 2 of the 3 days there will be holidays. The ferry service is much less available on these days.

Who has been on a holiday weekend? Will we have trouble getting around? Will taxi's still be available? Will the shops be open anywhere? I'm thinking maybe I should change our sail date?

Any information/opinions would be appreciated! :)

Haven't been there on a holiday but with limited ferry service, stores being closed on Sundays and holidays, I might give it second thoughts. Taxis and buses will be running and there are still other things to do. Depends on what your interests are and what you think you would like to do there.

Is this your first time to Bermuda?

Hi..thanks for the reply. No, I went last October on Explorer OTS. However, it is my hubby's first time there. Last time we took a ferry to St. Georges. I didn't spend much time here as I wasn't feeling well and really wanted to go back and explore more. I see the ferry does not run to St. Georges on the Sunday/Holiday schedule.

I'd also like to explore Hamilton more....the Botantical Gardens for one. Of course, we'll get at least one beach/snorkel day in too.

Are the stores in Dockyard closed too? I would think they'd be open when ships are in port.

If you've been there, then you have the "lay of the land".:)

I'm not sure what will be open, like the Botanical Gardens, but you can Google it for more info. We also liked Fort Hamilton and Pa-La-Ville is always nice to walk around. St. George is nice to walk around but with the ferry not running, it would take some time to get there.

The stores at Dockyard are open on Sunday, I believe, so anthing else there like the Maritime Museum, Bermuda Arts Center(very nice) and Bermuda Craft Center may be as well. Gibbs Hill lighthouse was worth the walk up to the top to get a 360 view.

Maybe a Bermuda resident will pop in. They will know what will or will not be open.

Thanks for the reply iheart. :) After talking to my hubby, we decided we will keep this sail date. We'll manage, even if we have to pay more and take taxi's around. We'll go over to St. George's on our last day in port, Tuesday when the ferry will run on a normal schedule.

I appreciate your help. :)

Archived