Taxi's Versus Personal Drivers......???

Suesan Jean

I have only been to Roatan once before and we had a personal Driver/Guide because we were cruising with our two girls and I wanted them to "see the sights".

It was a GREAT experience and the price was right.......:D

This October, it will just be my DH and I cruising.

All that we plan on doing is going to the best beach we can find.

Should we hire a personal Driver/Guide for the two of us? That would cost $80.00 plus tip through Victor Bodden.

Or will we find a reliable Taxi Driver to take us to a beach and pick us up at the time we request?

What does a Taxi cost do the various beaches nearby?

I just don't have a clue to what costs should/would be......:confused:

What are your thoughts......???

Thank You for all your thoughts and opinions....... icon14.gif :)

IMO, you're better off hiring the driver through Rony or Victor. You can work with them to get the right beach for you and for some places that limit day visitors, like Mayan Princess, they can perhaps assist in getting you in. You'll most likely be docking in Coxen Hole so the $20 cab fare one way is about average; but I hear prices are going up. However, a cab driver at the pier may or may not be able to get you to a beach that has the anemities you like. And may or may not be able to come back and pick you up when you want to be picked up.

IMO, you're better off hiring the driver through Rony or Victor. You can work with them to get the right beach for you and for some places that limit day visitors, like Mayan Princess, they can perhaps assist in getting you in. You'll most likely be docking in Coxen Hole so the $20 cab fare one way is about average; but I hear prices are going up. However, a cab driver at the pier may or may not be able to get you to a beach that has the anemities you like. And may or may not be able to come back and pick you up when you want to be picked up.

Thank you. I think we will go with Victor, I just want to make sure we are able to have a way back to the ship from the beach, without any worries.

Roatan is not exactly a busy bustling port-of-call like in Bermuda or Saint Thomas or Cozumel.

Is that $20.00 per person per ride?

Archived