A little perturbed with carnival.com

jam3

I recently booked my November cruise on Carnival.com with the Early Saver rate. The page came up to pay the $450 deposit so I put in my credit card info and got a receipt for $450. I just looked at my credit card online and they charged the entire amount. Thank goodness I actually have the money to pay it right now because they sure didn't warn me that the entire amount would go thru!:mad:

I recently booked my November cruise on Carnival.com with the Early Saver rate. The page came up to pay the $450 deposit so I put in my credit card info and got a receipt for $450. I just looked at my credit card online and they charged the entire amount. Thank goodness I actually have the money to pay it right now because they sure didn't warn me that the entire amount would go thru!:mad:

The default choice online is pay the entire amount. I learned that when booking my last cruise. I made a change to the booking then went back to the payment screen and didn't notice it changed from pay deposit to pay entire amount. The default should be deposit only. Dumb design for the consumer.

This happened to me once as well. For whatever reason, the PAY IN FULL button is the default instead of the PAY DEPOSIT button. If you call them and tell them you clicked through before you realized what was happening, they will most likely credit your account for the difference between total cruise fare and the deposit amount.

Maybe a phone call will help. Can't hurt to try.

Look at it this way: your cruise is paid for. I just had to pay my balance on mine; would have been great if it had somehow been paid for!

Have fun,

Shay

Thanks. I clicked the deposit button and received a receipt for the $450 deposit but the full amount still went thru....Oh well, live and learn but it was a little shocking to see!

This is the third time in the last week, that a situation came up where someone booked themselves online and had something go wrong...

so, another example of why you should talk to someone .. and get things confirmed.

People always post should I book with a real person or online ... talk to someone. dont book online unless you just hate telephone calls.

sorry OP. I dont guess they will refund the overage and let you pay it off later?

Archived