50 lbs luggage limit

MaiTaiMary

Does Carnival enforce the 50 lb luggage limit? I haven't weighed my suitcase yet, but dang.... :o .... it feel pretty heavy. I read somewhere that luggage had to be under 50 lbs, but I can't remember where now. (We're driving over to the port tomorrow, so the airline restriction isn't an issue.)

Does Carnival enforce the 50 lb luggage limit? I haven't weighed my suitcase yet, but dang.... :o .... it feel pretty heavy. I read somewhere that luggage had to be under 50 lbs, but I can't remember where now. (We're driving over to the port tomorrow, so the airline restriction isn't an issue.)

That's for airlines, not carnival.

:confused:

Not sure where the confusion is about what I'm asking. Carnival states on their website that luggage shouldn't weigh more than 50 lbs. I'm not talking about the airlines. I'm talking about Carnival. Has anybody had experience with Carnival (not the airlines) enforcing a 50 lb luggage limit?

:confused:

Not sure where the confusion is about what I'm asking. Carnival states on their website that luggage shouldn't weigh more than 50 lbs. I'm not talking about the airlines. I'm talking about Carnival. Has anybody had experience with Carnival (not the airlines) enforcing a 50 lb luggage limit?

It just says pax are encouraged to limit their luggage. Its not a rule. They font have scales or someone counting bags.

Carnival does suggest it...in writing...but (to date) has never enforced it.

In fact, I just discovered it when I was bored and reading through some stuff for our cruise last January.

I do tip extra for heavy bags....(and I tip the Carnival crew that delivers the bags if I can catch them "in the act") ....

They request it, but they don't weigh the suitcases. But have a heart for the Porter!!!!!! ken

They request it, but they don't weigh the suitcases. But have a heart for the Porter!!!!!! ken

I totally agree with you Ken - no they don't weight them and have never seen it enforced but put yourself in the porter, loader etc place and try tossing those bags around. Have mercy on them and be reasonable. If you are travelling by car you roll it out and heave it into a trunk - try putting that up on top of 4 other cases the same size. These guys are humans not incredible hulks.

Don't worry Mary, they don't' have the manpower to weigh 6000 bags, even if they wanted to. Maybe if you showed up with a 100 lb. bag, they'd hassle you, but they won't even know or care if it's a few pounds over.

You're in the 6th floor aft wrap I had two weeks ago, right? Let me know if they fixed the closet door....

Dave

trust me if you hand the porter a nice tip as you pull up in your taxi or shuttle

they will load a Volkswagen's bug on the ship for you.

DW sometime loads the bags for me to carry to car like I was a grand caynon

mule. We never have had a issue with the porters not taking our bags. But

I always tip them good as they will need the money for back surgery.

Archived