Pool policy for infants

Pebbles468

Actually, non-potty trained children are not allowed in the pools at all, even the Mickey pool. From the DCL site:

The U.S. Public Health Service requires that all children be toilet trained before entering shipboard pools and spas. Young children who are not toilet trained are welcome to enjoy the fountain play area near Mickey's Pool designed exclusively for the enjoyment of children wearing swim diapers.

So your little one can use the splash area, but not the pools. :)

• 2 weeks later...

They only permit children with swim diapers to play in one of Mickey's ears, and they DO strictly enforce this rule. Our three year old is potty trained, but our two year old is not. However, we just put on his swim trunks without a diaper so that he could wade in the other ear. No he's not potty trained, but he does his "poop of the day" every morning and so we knew he wouldn't poo poo in the pool. And also, even though the other children might be "trained", don't try and convince me that they don't pee in the pool! Heck, I bet half the adults pee in the pool. It's one reason I never swim in them! :D

Actually, non-potty trained children are not allowed in the pools at all, even the Mickey pool.

So your little one can use the splash area, but not the pools. :)

That's not true. They can use Mickey's left ear.

That's not true. They can use Mickey's left ear.

Yes, I understand that now, that has changed since the last time I sailed...it used to just be a splash area. It's nice they have an option for the littlest ones now. :)

They use to have a big problem with "code yellows". Every time that the kids pool was contaminated they had to drain it, re-fill it and re-treat it with chemicals. This process was necessary because the pool water is recirculated. It took a couple of hours.

After experimenting with many different diaper policies that made few happy, they modified the Mickey ear so that it is separate from the rest of the pool and non-recirculated. If it gets contaminated, they evacuate it and it'll clear itself fairly quickly while leaving the rest of the pool available for use. It is a very nice yet expensive fix that made many more people happy.

They use to have a big problem with "code yellows".

Nothing was funnier than watching a CODE BROWN alert. I thought I was watching an episode of Jaws. Luckily, we were already on the sidelines.

Took hours for that pool to reopen.

Archived