$2 bills for tips?

I really do not think MacDonalds will turn down Legal Tender as payment.

The person who says "No Thanks" to a $2.00 tip would never get another tip from me. It is Legal Tender. It is made at US Mints.

If there is an issue for the crew members they can take them to their bank on the ship and get rid of them. Their choice. Tip or No tip.

Not exactly. The US Mint only makes coin. The US Bureau of Engraving and Printing makes all paper money.

That is the plan, I have $200.00 in $2.00 bills to use for tips, and spending, and will report back on the opinion I run into.

I sail on the Dream on April 24

Can you get someone to film it as you give a couple to a big burley stevedor with hair on the inside of his forearms?

Take a 2 dollar bill to your local McDonald's. Watch the kid behind the counter look at in, puzzle and then tell you he can't take it. Now imagine you are in a foreign port. No, don't even think about 2 dollar bills for tips.

Doc

If the "kids" in your local area are so poorly educated that they don't know what a $2.00 bill is, that says allot about the school system in your area. Very poor.

I dont get it.. 2 dollar bills aren't in circulation much anymore they are phasing them out.. what is the problem using one's... I have one dollar paper bills and two dollar paper bills but I won't use them as we have switched to coin for both.. is this a I CAN DO IT WHO CARES ISSUE.. what is the point.. get ones from the bank instead...save the 2's they could be worth something someday..

According to the Treasury website the $2.00 bill is not being phased out, it is still in production, just not as actively as other denomination.

If the "kids" in your local area are so poorly educated that they don't know what a $2.00 bill is, that says allot about the school system in your area. Very poor.

I must have missed that course too. Cash 101? How many credits?

And there's no such word as allot.

That there are not enough people using them, so it is my mission to get the $2.00 bill out and in the public and have it used as everyday currency.

It will be easier filling a hole at the beach with ocean water.

I must have missed that course too. Cash 101? How many credits?

And there's no such word as allot.

You mean the local school system does not teach the kids about U.S. Currency? Or how to add money, make change, and such?

The same kids in you town, probably are taking the novelty $1,000,000 bills and asking about them too?

You mean the local school system does not teach the kids about U.S. Currency? Or how to add money, make change, and such?

The same kids in you town, probably are taking the novelty $1,000,000 bills and asking about them too?

Nope. Not physical money.

I was a "manager" in a supermarket in my late teens and early 20's. Unless they played games with money, they were clueless.

I finally got smart and started giving them math problems in the hiring process. I was surprised at the amount of people I had to pass on.

Nope. Not physical money.

I was a "manager" in a supermarket in my late teens and early 20's. Unless they played games with money, they were clueless.

I finally got smart and started giving them math problems in the hiring process. I was surprised at the amount of people I had to pass on.

It's really funny (sad) when the power is out and the cashier has to make change without the help of the register. :(

It's really funny (sad) when the power is out and the cashier has to make change without the help of the register. :(

Or they hit the wrong about tendered and are completely lost about the change.

5's and 10's are different. There are places for those in a cash register. There are no places for 2's. People don't like them, except for 7 year old kids. So, if your steward is a 7 year old kid, he may want them, but no one else does. Do you really enjoy $2 bills in your wallet? How many are in it right now?

I have 4 $2 bills right now. The guy at the gas station gave them to me as change yesterday. I was smiling when he gave them to me, so I must be a 7 year old. :)

Anyway, I think it shouldn't be too big of an issue since I've read of people tipping with $2 bills on multiple boards. I'm sure the cruise people are used to them.. Now the ports themselves might be an issue.

I have 4 $2 bills right now. The guy at the gas station gave them to me as change yesterday. I was smiling when he gave them to me, so I must be a 7 year old. :)

Anyway, I think it shouldn't be too big of an issue since I've read of people tipping with $2 bills on multiple boards. I'm sure the cruise people are used to them.. Now the ports themselves might be an issue.

One more cashier story (I got tons of them, but they're mostly 30 years old)

This guy cashier (I can almost remember his name) was counting out his drawer, when he proudly showed me the $3 bill he collected. I thought it was going to be a joke, until he asked if he could buy it from us.

I said, "SURE!"

This guy cashier (I can almost remember his name) was counting out his drawer, when he proudly showed me the $3 bill he collected. I thought it was going to be a joke, until he asked if he could buy it from us.

I said, "SURE!"

biglamo.gif

I said, "SURE!"

LOL - you should have told him it will cost him a $4... ;)

My favorite cashier story is my own -- one of my many (pre-career) jobs was working a couple years at an Amoco station (remember "full service"?). A fellow in the self-serve section pumped $3.50 (well, at least you got more for $3.50 then), rushed over to me and handed me 7 $.50 pieces. Having collected coins in my youth I instantly recognized the sound of 90% silver... they were all Walking Liberty half dollars. I quickly asked him as he walked away if he had more "I could buy", but that just caused him to walk faster. I suppose he did not know any fences! Alas, I DID purchase those out of the register for myself... after all, they were still LEGAL TENDER (just like $2's)! :D

Tom

My favorite cashier story is my own -- one of my many (pre-career) jobs was working a couple years at an Amoco station (remember "full service"?). A fellow in the self-serve section pumped $3.50 (well, at least you got more for $3.50 then), rushed over to me and handed me 7 $.50 pieces. Having collected coins in my youth I instantly recognized the sound of 90% silver... they were all Walking Liberty half dollars. I quickly asked him as he walked away if he had more "I could buy", but that just caused him to walk faster. I suppose he did not know any fences! Alas, I DID purchase those out of the register for myself... after all, they were still LEGAL TENDER (just like $2's)! :D

Tom

LOL.

Makes you wonder who's drawer he lifted them out of. Imagine when they found they were missing!

Tom

Note to self: Fill up tank BEFORE pulling burglary job.

Not exactly. The US Mint only makes coin.

Actually, they make many coins. A lot more than one. :D

Sorry, my bad.... dropping the "s" off the plural of "coins", and other improper grammar in the name of money (or "monies", another pet peeve of mine) drives me nuts.

Archived