Disney Rooming with a 2yr Old

intotheoh

I have cruised on Disney a few times, but haven't been on a cruise since the birth of my son. My wife and I are looking at going on a cruise later this year after he turns two and were curious about how the room would be set up to accommodate us.

Right now he sleeps in a crib and may eventually move to a railed toddler bed. In time for the cruise? Well this is my first kid and Im not sure when the proper time to transition is.

Anyway - does Disney accommodate? Do they have pack and plays or rails or something so he doesnt just roll off the bed?

Yes they have a port a crib, or thats what i call it.

You must request it when booking as they only have a certain amount and do run out sometimes. The room host will set it up in your room in front of the couch and will make it up every day just like they do your bed.

They also have special waste containers for disposible diapers so request that too. Its easier for proper disposal than having you put them in the waste baskets in the room. Your room host will keep it emptied.

Both ships have a nice toddler splash zone off to the side of the slide. It is great for the little ones as they can toddle around there and enjoy the water jets that spurt up. Mom and dad can be right next to them and they are isolated from older kids for safety.

You must have a swim diaper on. Bring plenty from home you will go through more than you think. They do sell them on the ship but they run out and are expensive.

This site tells you what you can buy and have delivered to your room so you dont have to pack it if you want but also farther down the page it tells the free cribs and diaper genie I emntioned above. So it may help with some questions.

http://www.babiestravellite.com/disney-cruise-lines-diapers.html

Hope this helps you,

kathy.

Archived