Real Estate Hunting

sammyt

We would like to look at some real estate while on the island, as well as snorkel. Does anyone have any suggestions who we should use. Have contacted both Rony and Boden. Can they really take us to properties and get us in is my concern.

We would like to look at some real estate while on the island, as well as snorkel. Does anyone have any suggestions who we should use. Have contacted both Rony and Boden. Can they really take us to properties and get us in is my concern.

Wouldn't a real estate agent be better? I don't know how it works in Roatan though...maybe if you use a REA they can take you for snorkeling as well?

contact Steve Hasz:

http://www.roatan.net/about-us.html

There are othe rrealtors on the island as well.

http://www.roatanonline.com/roatan_real_estate.htm

When we were in Roatan this past Oct. we had Roland as our driver from Victor Bodden tours. He was telling us he helped a client by showing them whom to deal with for a much better prices on real estate. He was a very nice young gentleman who spoke perfect english. So I would email Victor and ask if they can help you in that department.

After visiting Roatan many times on cruises, I spent a cruise day last November with a real estate agent, and ultimately returned last month for a week's stay and purchased property. Based on my experience, you don't have time to look at property and snorkel - if you're serious about exploring property, I'd plan your day around that.

If you're largely just curious about property, you could also spend the day at West Bay Beach - great snorkeling, and Infinity Bay has an "open house" style sales office for their condos right on the beach where you could probably pop in for an hour to get information and a tour.

We worked with Margot & Matt - and have nothing but praise for the assistance they offered! You can do alot of research via the internet, which is really helpful in narrowing down your own interests. Their website is:

http://www.roatanrealestate.com/

Enjoy your day in Roatan!

We love Mary Monterosso of Island Properties- islandpropertiesroatan@yahoo.com we've used her a few times before and wouldn't hesitate to use her again. If you are serious about looking at Roatan properties work with an agent ahead of time to figure out your budget and area. Unless you view most of your properties online ahead of time and just narrow it down to the ones you really want to see, you might not have time to snorkle (if you are looking at east end properties forget about snorkling). Good luck- it's a beautiful island!

Archived