Will RCCL Puree food?

Hi Everyone

I'm pretty sure this topic has been visited, but I can't find it when I search.

We are bringing our DS (will be 10 months) along with us on Liberty OTS in May, and would like to give him table foods. Does anyone know if they will puree food in the MDR and/or the Windjammer? We are thinking about lugging a Magic Bullet, but would rather not if the dining staff will do it for us.

Yes, they will. You need to contact Special Needs Dept. at RCI,and they will issue a "special order" to your Ass't Maitr'e D and he will prepare the puree every meal if need be. We had this done for our Grandson a year ago on the GOS and it worked out well.

Glenn :D

Hi Everyone

I'm pretty sure this topic has been visited, but I can't find it when I search.

We are bringing our DS (will be 10 months) along with us on Liberty OTS in May, and would like to give him table foods. Does anyone know if they will puree food in the MDR and/or the Windjammer? We are thinking about lugging a Magic Bullet, but would rather not if the dining staff will do it for us.

Yes they will. What they will not do is make 'baby food' so don't ask them to make 'baby food'. The difference is that asking for baby food implies that you want seasoning free pureed food. What RCCL will do is puree the food that have already cooked, for you. What this really means is that baby will be getting pureed veggies with some salt and butter, and chicken with seasonings. Don't be scared, babies like flavor, and seasonings/herbs are not bad for infants.

What you want to do is contact special needs about a month out from your cruise. Let them know that "you will be traveling with a passenger whom will be requiring pureed food". They will forward the request to the ship to let the ship know that you are coming. Once you are on board you can arrange with your head waiter, on the first night, for whatever you want. Your head waiter should actually seek you out at dinner in order to speak with you about what you need.

As an idea - on many cruises I have arranged for a standing order to be delivered 3 times a day from room service at specific times. I told them if I was not in my room they had permission to enter the room and leave the order on the bed.

At 7 am they would deliver me one peach yogurt, one pureed fruit (their choice) (or you could ask for a banana) two boiled eggs (baby would get the yolks only) and a box of cheerios (baby would eat these all day long)

At 11 am and 5 pm they would deliver me lunch and dinner which consisted of one pureed "protein" of their choice (I would get chicken, prime rib, etc), one pureed veggie (their choice) a banana and a peach yogurt.

You can also have then puree food for dinner and they will bring it to the dining room for you. We had a babysitter come sit our kids instead of taking them to the dining room.

The take away is that you can arrange for a standing order and for all meals for your baby and you can treat it as if it were a normal room service situation and get cheerios, yogurt, etc - not just pureed food.

Also, you may want to bring some extra tupperware to tote leftovers around and/or store in the fridge in your room.

As a suggestion, if you do arrange room service delivery, please consider tipping the room service person a few dollars for every delivery.

We have also managed to get a highchair and store it in our room for the duration of the cruise in order to feed baby when baby needed to be fed. It does get a little tight in the room. Everyone has their own priorities.

I hope that helps. This worked out very well for us. RCCL was very accommodating.

Archived