Private Cabana on the Journey

sherkston

We are sailing out the 20th on the Journey. I've gone through the website and travel documents, can't find any reference to private cabanas being available. Are they available and at what daily fee? Thanks in advance.

The area on deck 11 forward that Oceania ropes off to all but those few willing to pay, Azamara has left open to all passengers. Thus, everyone on Azamara can enjoy the beautiful views. When these were R-ships, there were no cabanas.

Well done Azamara. :)

Thanks for the reply . . . and the pleasant surprise. A cruise line that isn't trying to nickel and dime it's guesst . . . isn't trying to extract a fee from every extra amenity that it possibly can ?!?!? A really nice surprise. On Oceania it was $100/day. First time cruising with Azamara, haven't stepped foot on the ship and already impressed. Let the "journey" begin !. . .icon6.gif

There is a "private" spa deck forward on deck 9. For an added fee you can have the opportunity of being allowed to use the hot tub and lounge on the chaises. Sounds nice? On our last cruise, we rushed to sign up. What a huge expensive mistake. It is sold as a therapy pool which it is not...it's a plain old hot tub with a metal seat area. The hot tub is not very hot. The towels are all over the place. There is water and juice which you selfserve. The chaises are poorly attended, and the wind on the forward deck is often too brisk. A better choice is to use the main pool area. The hot tubs on the main pool deck are good, the pool is very nice, the chaises are well attended, and there is no additional fee. I'll never make that mistake again.

As far as I am aware they are ONLY available on Oceania

Brian

HAL now has them for rent on the newer ships. People seem to really like them (ones in the "Retreat" area) as they come with a Butler, ipod loaded with music, etc.

There is a "private" spa deck forward on deck 9. For an added fee you can have the opportunity of being allowed to use the hot tub and lounge on the chaises. Sounds nice? On our last cruise, we rushed to sign up. What a huge expensive mistake. It is sold as a therapy pool which it is not...it's a plain old hot tub with a metal seat area. The hot tub is not very hot. The towels are all over the place. There is water and juice which you selfserve. The chaises are poorly attended, and the wind on the forward deck is often too brisk. A better choice is to use the main pool area. The hot tubs on the main pool deck are good, the pool is very nice, the chaises are well attended, and there is no additional fee. I'll never make that mistake again.

I saw these through the gym window on Quest. I never saw anyone there. What did they charge?

We had a large private Verandah in our Penthouse Suite which we never used.

Archived