Mailing RC Visa Cert.

No need to mail the certificate any more and you can get it applied almost instantly if you are doing a last minute cruise.

When you call the credit card company to get the certificate, ask them for the certificate number. Once you have the certificate number, call RCCL and give them the certificate number and they will apply the certificate instantly. They will tell you to hold on to the certificate in case there is a problem.

I have done this on the last couple of sailings and never mailed the certificate or had an issue with getting it applied.

I mail the originals ....but, ALWAYS make copies to take with me.

Remember...if you are using the points for OBC, it usually takes a day or two once on board the ship for the credit to be posted to your account. You will notice a credit balance when you look up your account on your t.v. in your cabin.

No need to mail the certificate any more and you can get it applied almost instantly if you are doing a last minute cruise.

When you call the credit card company to get the certificate, ask them for the certificate number. Once you have the certificate number, call RCCL and give them the certificate number and they will apply the certificate instantly. They will tell you to hold on to the certificate in case there is a problem.

I have done this on the last couple of sailings and never mailed the certificate or had an issue with getting it applied.

I gave them the certificate # over the phone, but they told me to mail in the coupon and keep a copy for myself. (this past week)

I gave them the certificate # over the phone, but they told me to mail in the coupon and keep a copy for myself. (this past week)

Same here. I called C & A and they took all the info but still wanted me to mail the certificate to them.

The adjustment (we used free companion fare) showed up the next day after calling them so that was really fast.

Maybe it depends on the representative you get - whether they want you to mail the certificate.

I called the number on the back last week when I got mine. I was using 2 - $500 towards purchase of a cruise I have reserved for 4/2011. The gentlemen I spoke with told me to complete the back of the form, make a copy to keep & to mail the original to them at the address on the certificate regular mail. In case it were to get lost they could refer to your certificate. I mailed it early last week, checked today & my reservation has already been credited for the $1,000. I was amazed at how simple the process was!

I'm 4 months out from the cruise I'm using my certificate for. I called to give them the certificate number to have it applied (as I read on cc), but RCL said I was too far out and would have to send the certificate. They'll only take the certificate number and apply it to your cruise if you are close to the cruise date, otherwise you are required to mail it before they'll apply it.

Archived