Alaska Cruise - Winter PJs or Summer PJs?

seniormom

Ok....at the risk of getting some "cute" responses back.....I'm interested to know if you take your winter PJs or your summer PJs on an Alaskan cruise? We are traveling with 3 teenage boys in a 2-room suite (former RFS) so I know what I'll be wearing....but thought this would be a fun topic! Flannel or silk?

We went in August on a cruisetour. I took flannel pjs and was glad to have them. We were only on the ship 3 days, but the 8 days on land up to the Yukon and interior Alaska, it was cold. Puddles were frozen solid in the mornings, so I know it was at least 32 overnight.

You could check out some weather history for whatever time you are going, to get a comparison of temps with where you live. You have to decide what your needs are.

I get cold easily and didn't want to have to worry about it. Figured I could buy shorts and t-shirt if I was too warm, but never had that problem. I usually put my pjs on and the HAL robe. And I was never too warm.

You will find that your cabin is temperature controlled so wear whatever you are most comfortable in.

I know that:p:D

but i sleep with the window open in hotels a lot and i could be cold one night and hot the next so i amready for both. cold still at night in FL and early mornings.

I just went out and bought Nautica pj's, may want to go out on the balcony.

I can't believe this discussion, but.... if I want to go out on the balcony, I will just put on the comfy terry ship's robe! Too much other good stuff to pack. :D

The important thing to remember, as we're all told when we ask clothing questions, is that layering is the most important.

You'll probably want a nice fleece, with a waterproof outer layer.:eek:

No wait, scratch that...

maybe not;) i stood out on the balcony in light rain taking pictures.. one never knows.:)

Now if you are in our cabin, with my DW setting the A/C, you might want flannel and socks. She had our cabin at 62 the last time!

If you are going to sleep with the verandah door open, it is likely to be somewhat chilly in Alaskan waters in the summer. Having not been on HAL yet, I don't know what kind of blanket or quilt they have on the bed normally. Maybe you will get a better answer as more people join in on this thread.

Archived