Roll Call: HAL Maasdam, 07-17-2010

JoeAndMichael

Any other GLBT cruisers going on the 35-day HAL Maasdam "Voyage of the Vikings" cruise

leaving 07-17-2010 from Boston?

This will be our umpteenth cruise, but only our 2nd HAL cruise. We had a wonderful time on the last one except for the fact that on such L O N G

cruises as these, almost everybody's 50+... like us. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It sure would be nice to know ahead of time if there's going to anybody from anywhere in the whole GLBT world who'll be sailing with us.

Joe and Michael from San Francisco

I went on last years cruise and would highly recommend it. I went with a friend who has done it quite often as he likes it so much. Yes, it does attract a "senior" crowd, but then most any longer cruise does. HAL tweeks the itinarary every year to keep it a little fresh...I would consider doing it again. There should be a GLBT meet in the Ocean Bar (the Maasdam has a copper floor area) everyday, at least sea days, at happy hour.

• 3 months later...

Just found this thread. We are going on the whole cruise. It will be the longest (by far) cruise that we have ever been on!! We have heard that one other couple from Toronto in a group we belong to ("Prime Timers") are going also but we don't actually know them. I guess we will get to know them on the cruise!

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys and any other FOD's on the cruise.

Rick & Bob

ps And yes, we are definitely in the "over 50" demographic -- mid sixties actually.

Archived