Caravans in the Sand RCCL Dress Code

thesaintjim

Hi,

Has anyone done this shore excursion? I am reading all about dress codes and riding a camel in conservative clothing does not seem exciting to me. I could understand visiting a religious site… Wanted to get some clarification before I purchase this one.

Thanks

If you're riding a camel, trust me, you want to have your legs covered. They're smelly beasts. And the desert sun is really strong, so it makes good sense to have your arms covered too. (Although a short-sleeved shirt is also fine.......) And wear a hat.

At a bare (no pun intended) minimum, modest attire can be capris and short-sleeves, No knees, midriffs, or shoulders showing.

Are you not going into Cairo at all?

Edited to add: I just read the description -- apparently you are going to have lunch at the Sakkara Country Club; perhaps that is another reason to adhere to the dress code?

Long, guazy cotton slacks and the same type of material for a top is very comfortable. I have recently spent a lot of time in the Middle East for business. I either wear something like Dockers or gauze cotton slacks plus I purchased a large amount of gauzy cotton tops in the Kuwait City souk. They are comfortable, not expensive in Kuwait and protect from sun and the ferocious winds that blow the sand around.

You REALLY want something on your legs to go camel riding. The saddles are not particularly comfortable like a horse saddle and your inner thighs can really take a beating rubbing against the camel. Enjoy your trip. I absolutely love it in the Middle East.

Archived