How do you know if your cruise goes down if TA booked and upgraded

texasnana

This will be our third cruise on Carnival. TA was able to upgrade our cabin but pay the lower rate. How do i figure out if the cruise drops by the lower rate or by the upgraded cabin rate?

Also will my TA tell me if the price drops or i have to see it.

The other two cruise one was booked with TA that did nothing and it was back in 1993 before internet and the other was a group booking that never dropped.

Thanks.

Sounds like the past guest rate. I just booked directly through Carnival. Went with PG instead of ES at the cheaper cost. I was automatically upgraded from 8A to an 8C. I doubt I'll get an OBC if the rate goes down. Doesn't matter...I'm not concerned about the price and I"m very happy with my cabin location. So it all works out.....for me, anyway :D

This will be our third cruise on Carnival. TA was able to upgrade our cabin but pay the lower rate. How do i figure out if the cruise drops by the lower rate or by the upgraded cabin rate?

Also will my TA tell me if the price drops or i have to see it.

The other two cruise one was booked with TA that did nothing and it was back in 1993 before internet and the other was a group booking that never dropped.

Thanks.

You're now booked into the upgraded cabin rate and can forget your original booking. You can check the rate by doing a "dummy booking" for your cabin category, on the Carnival site (everything except paying :)!)

We have a wonderful TA, but she's so wonderful that she's very busy so I check the rates for myself every day. So far we've had two price drops :D!

does 3-4 times a day qualify as periodically??? :cool:

Hello:

I'm taking my first cruise this July on the Valor and have been checking the prices (I booked through a travel agent), but I don't want to keep calling her so I would rather check myself also. I put information in like I was booking a cruise and it seems the price went up. I booked in December and have a balcony. A lot of people are posting that their cruises have gone down in price. Is it that my cruise has gone up because it's July? Would like to get credit if it goes down. :)

Hello:

I'm taking my first cruise this July on the Valor and have been checking the prices (I booked through a travel agent), but I don't want to keep calling her so I would rather check myself also. I put information in like I was booking a cruise and it seems the price went up. I booked in December and have a balcony. A lot of people are posting that their cruises have gone down in price. Is it that my cruise has gone up because it's July? Would like to get credit if it goes down. :)

Not everyone's cruise prices go down. Mine for Sept and January are both a litle up from what I paid. You just hear about those that went down, but lots also go up.

Archived