When will it be best to book

missingtn

& with whom?

My family of 6, plus my sisters family of 5, possibly my MIL and FIL, and possibly 2 other couples we know will be going on the Feb 6th 2011 West. Carib. cruise. This cruise is to celebrate DH and I's 10th wedding anniversary and we will be renewing our vows at the stop in Key West on the beach.

There is a possibility of 8 cabins being booked, which could possibly get us a group rate with Carnival. Does anyone know if the group rates are any better and what they may possibly be?

Should I book directly with Carnival or wait right up until the ES expires to see if there are any good OBC offers anywhere? I would like to get the most bang for everybodys buck KWIM? TIA:D

Group rates are often higher than ES rates, even including the OBC after you subtract it out...but some love them.

You can also book invidivually or ES and tie them all together. You can even book ES as some will tell you and be a group, but you cant get the perks booking ES.

You just have to price it out both ways to see which way is best for you on a particular cruise.

No one can guarantee its best to book one way or another. If you book a group rate, remember if prices fall after final payment, you wouldnt get the OBC.

Group rates are often higher than ES rates, even including the OBC after you subtract it out...but some love them.

You can also book invidivually or ES and tie them all together. You can even book ES as some will tell you and be a group, but you cant get the perks booking ES.

You just have to price it out both ways to see which way is best for you on a particular cruise.

No one can guarantee its best to book one way or another. If you book a group rate, remember if prices fall after final payment, you wouldnt get the OBC.

You are giving out wrong info. You can book as a group using ES. I just did it with my TA. You do get perks plus for every 15 people the 16th is free.

You are giving out wrong info. You can book as a group using ES. I just did it with my TA. You do get perks plus for every 15 people the 16th is free.

Agreed.We did the same thing last week.OBC plus the points that you get with a group. All on Early Saver:D

[Anyway ... i couldnt get the OBC with the ES rate and Im going by what Iv been told.. Im sure someone on the CC cruise did get free berths ... not what I meant.

This was on a CC cruise ... and I was told I couldnt get the OBC ... so Im sure its not a thing you can always get with ES rate...Im also speaking from experience.

PS I had to either pay the higher CC group rate to get the OBC or get the ES rate.. one or another. This was a CC group cruise.

I guess it varys .. as I said some have said they got ES rates and got things others have not.. so the OP still needs to check and not assume she will get the OBC

With a group your size, I would book directly with Carnival, unless you have a really good relationship already formed with a TA. My feeling is that with so many people there may be a lot of questions and concerns, and I would rather have first-hand communication with the source than have to go through "I'll have to call Carnival and get back with you." As far as when to book, that's entirely up to you. There's a lot of research to be done. Good luck.

For groups I would advise using a TA so they can deal with the headaches........and if you do decide to book early saver the TA can fully explain all the restrictions and deal with people backing out and complaining that they won't get their deposit back.......everyone would deal with the TA with all their questions..........leaving you off the hook..

And you need to weigh the discount of ES and the higher insurance premium to cover cancel for any reason.........sometimes it ends up costing more........

Myself I would not book that far ahead......you have plenty of time........

Ours is not a CC group,just family and friends. ES is a risk,always get the insurance.All who booked choose the same cat,that makes it a little easier.Sometimes, you have to book that far out to meet everyones schedule.And, we used a TA, for the reason mentioned.Less headache,she can handle it.

OP,good luck and have fun.

Archived