Beaded dress

Cindyrella

Hi everyone,

My friend talked me into a really nice black beaded dress for formal night. It's what I would call a "slip" style, knee length, with beads all over. I got it for $35 on clearance was $150. I like it but it almost feels too formal for me. :confused: I also have a sleeveless vneck black top with beads around the neck and the bottom that I was planning on wearing with maybe a lace skirt. I feel more comfortable in that, but then again for $35, and we do have 2 formal nights. What do you think?

I think the beaded dress sounds absolutely lovely! If it's a "slip" style, it probably won't take up too much space in your luggage. Maybe you could take it with you and plan to wear it for the 2nd formal night. By then, you will see that some ladies go all out and you will feel more comfortable wearing it!

Hi, I think the beaded dress sound lovely, and $35. what a steal. Good for you. I would definately take the dress, and do as the previous poster stated use it for the 2nd formal evening. You will see people in all types of formal ware , you will fit right in with your beaded dress. :)

Cori

There were certainly all varieties of "formal" on our cruise--from black tie to "church" attire. It sounds lovely and right in the middle of "formalness"

Happy cruising!

Kristin

Okay, you've convinced me, I'm wearing it! I found the perfect shoes today while shopping at the grocery store of all places. They're black heels, they have a wide strap that goes over the toes with black sequins, a criss-cross strap on top of the foot and an ankle strap they're on clearance for $15. I'd better get back there quick before they're gone.

Thanks!

I've always stayed away from all-over beading because beads are very uncomfortable to sit on. If it has beads on the back of the dress, wear it sitting in a chair for a while, to make sure it won't drive you crazy.

Otherwise, the dress sounds beautiful.

Archived