Timing problem - need suggestions

Grannycb

Our ship is in port at Nassau from 11 AM until 10 PM. We have a Dolphin Encounter scheduled for 1:30 PM. What can we do other than that one activity? I'd love to go to Ardastra Gardens but the timing doesn't look like it will fit. We are three adults and a 6 yr old. Suggestions are much appreciated!

We have the exact same schedule and will be doing a Sea Lion Encounter at Blue Lagoon. Since the Blue lagoon ferry drops us near Atlantis we'll likely stop and have a bite to eat on Paradise Island somewhere, then do a little walk-about through the grounds.

From other posters on CC it seems that "after hours" Atlantis doesn't charge to visit the Aquarium. (5pm-ish in winter, 7pm-ish in summer). After the aquarium we plan to take a cab back to the ship. ( There are supposed to be plenty of cabs from outside the lobby of the Royal Towers.)

I don't know what season early April would fall into, but would the 6 year old enjoy the aquarium aka "The Dig" ?

We're leaving in a week so I'll try to post "my plan" worked out.

How long does the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon take from start to finish? Would it be possible to get to Ardastra Gardens before 4:00?

The dolphin encounter (and ferry ride to and from) take about 3 1/2 hours. You should be back at port around 4:20 from your 1:30 Encounter timeslot.

Floatyourboat has the right idea. You should return to the Paradise Island dock, and walk around Marina Village and see some of Atlantis.

www.dolphinencounters.com

I really appreciate the suggestions posters have given.

Scubagirl - Thanks for all the information you post to this forum.

I was just reading a list of things to do in Nassau and saw info on Versailles Gardens. If I'm correct, we should be able to walk there from the ferry landing on Paradise Island (after the dolphin encounter). Would that be a good option too?

I really appreciate the suggestions posters have given.

I was just reading a list of things to do in Nassau and saw info on Versailles Gardens. If I'm correct, we should be able to walk there from the ferry landing on Paradise Island (after the dolphin encounter). Would that be a good option too?

Yes, it's not a bad walk and it's quite beautiful and relaxing. If your not in a mood to walk both ways.. there's cabs at the Ferry dock. Should be about $10 or so to get there.. and then an easy walk back.

I second that. It's such a comfort to hear advice from the experts. If it were just hubby and me no big deal, but when you're carting around kids (and other people's kids) it's good to have some extra information.

Grannycb - at the very least I'll try to write up a review so watch for that in case I lose this post.

Archived