Since Carnival doesn't seem to consistenly deal with chair hogs...do you think we

mom22tinks

I was just thinking....(dangerous, I know..lol) I would be terribly upset if I could never lounge around reading a book in the sun watching my kids in the pool and enjoying MY vacation just because someone stuck a carnival towel on a chair and said it was their's for hours... AND I must add neither my husband nor myself are confrontational.

So, what do you think of us buying a few cheap foldable lounge chairs to bring on the ship? We could put them in our room when not in use and bring them up when we want to use them? Would Carnival allow us to bring them on? What do you think? I am seriously considering this.... and would love to have your input!

There are really enough lounge chairs on any ship so that you do not need to bring your own~ not even sure you would be able to~! Ask a carnival employee to do something about it if you see that a lounge chair has not been used in 30 minutes but has items on them~

I was just thinking....(dangerous, I know..lol) I would be terribly upset if I could never lounge around reading a book in the sun watching my kids in the pool and enjoying MY vacation just because someone stuck a carnival towel on a chair and said it was their's for hours... AND I must add neither my husband nor myself are confrontational.

So, what do you think of us buying a few cheap foldable lounge chairs to bring on the ship? We could put them in our room when not in use and bring them up when we want to use them? Would Carnival allow us to bring them on? What do you think? I am seriously considering this.... and would love to have your input!

The issue is not that the ship does no possess enough lounge chairs butt hat the space around the pool which is where many want to be is limited so unfortunately your solution does not actually solve the problem.

I think it's a great idea and something I've thought of doing myself, and I've seen others on cruises who have brought folding chairs. You certainly wouldn't have a problem kicking someone out of your own chairs. If everyone did it, there would be a space issue, but not many do it. If you're not flying and don't have to deal with luggage weight issues, I say why not?

The issue is not that the ship does no possess enough lounge chairs butt hat the space around the pool which is where many want to be is limited so unfortunately your solution does not actually solve the problem.

So,,,you park "your" lounger down around the pool...or not. Oh! I just hate this that I have to even think about this stupid nonsense when all I want to do is enjoy a vacation with my family! Ugghhh!

I think it's a great idea and something I've thought of doing myself, and I've seen others on cruises who have brought folding chairs. You certainly wouldn't have a problem kicking someone out of your own chairs. If everyone did it, there would be a space issue, but not many do it. If you're not flying and don't have to deal with luggage weight issues, I say why not?

I am flying, but my shuttle service offers a stop. Unfortunately this is my first inside cabin...my other 4 cruises were 2 ocean view and 2 balcony. So, I am a little more concerned with being able to enjoy the ambiance of being on the ship...i.e. enjoying the sun and my girls in the pool etc. Thanks for keeping it positive. :)

So,,,you park "your" lounger down around the pool...or not. Oh! I just hate this that I have to even think about this stupid nonsense when all I want to do is enjoy a vacation with my family! Ugghhh!

The problem is getting a spot "near" the pool. Usually there are chairs available but they may be on the deck above the pool, or aft. I'll be honest though. We're sun worshippers and we've never had a problem getting a chair near the main pool before 10 or 11 am. After that, it's sketchy. Just do your family/pool time/baking in the sun during the early part of the day and you shouldn't have a problem.

The problem is getting a spot "near" the pool. Usually there are chairs available but they may be on the deck above the pool, or aft. I'll be honest though. We're sun worshippers and we've never had a problem getting a chair near the main pool before 10 or 11 am. After that, it's sketchy. Just do your family/pool time/baking in the sun during the early part of the day and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks! I have no problem going to the pool after breakfast... ninish... and hanging out until about 1:00. More than happy to go in and get a nap ...shower ..etc. I don't even mind being on the upper deck as long as I can see the pool and keep an eye on my girls. No one is going to watch them in the water like I will! Thanks for your help :)

The thing is, the cruiseline sets out chairs around the pool in such a manner that they are RIGHT next to one another and provide a safe walking area for other guests.

Bringing your own chair in an effort to get closer to the pool when the other chairs are full would only serve to clog the walkway.

LMAO!!:)

you know what would be funny, wait for a chair hog to finally come back to their chair, then go park your twenty year old winn-dixie beach chair right in front of them.

PH_26_MN.jpg

Well they are out there .

I've seen a few on the ships ,not the one above however .

Just the backpac type .

Edit; ladies the dude don't come with the chair

Just to clarify: are we talking about the guy or the chair? lol

debbie :D

At the risk of asking a dumb question, are there other areas that have lounge chairs that aren't as busy? We are not concerned with being around the pool, just want to relax outdoors and read. We will be on Freedom.

Thanks!

We have always been able to get a chair near the pool, maybe not right next to it, but not bad.

I do have to admit moving a towel off a lounge that was all alone-I saved it from getting faded in the sun...

We are a family of 5 but we manage with 2 lounges. The kids and hubby spend most of timein water, so 2 is enough.

At the risk of asking a dumb question, are there other areas that have lounge chairs that aren't as busy? We are not concerned with being around the pool, just want to relax outdoors and read. We will be on Freedom.

Thanks!

Yes! There are plenty in other places.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Absolutely horrible idea. First, there is no problem with chair hogs. This is a myth created by old bitties and lazy sloths that think they should be able to sleep in until noon and then get the best seat poolside seat. Second, these chairs are likely not heavy enough to be safe and could blow overboard or into another cruiser seriously injuring them.

Archived