Room change after final payment?

We have booked two D1 balcony rooms for the May 18 2010 Navigator of the Seas sailing, and submitted the final payment this week. I now see that RC is offering to MA residents a guarantee balcony stateroom for $1699/person. Would RC allow us to change from two catagory D1 balcony staterooms to two guarantee balcony rooms (and save $2000) for the four of us? We are very happy with our assigned cabins, but would also be very happy with an extra $2000. Appreciate any advice - thank you!

Thanks to you all for the input! I have already paid for the land tours, and do not anticipate spending too much on food and drink, so it is nice to know that I could get leftover OBC back. Thank you!

Has your final payment date already past? RCI has a price guarantee to allow for a lower price if posted on their web. I think if you have not past your final payment date or if you want to you can cancel your existing reservations and book the two new guaranteed balconies on a whole new reservation and they would then give you a refund. I don't know the length of time it takes to get a refund but I think that they would honor that. Then you would not have to rely on the OBC.

Remember though, they can give you any balcony cabin anywhere on the ship and if you picked specific cabins that you really like the locations, sometimes it is better to pay the extra $ for what you really want! Just food for thought on that. Good luck!

Has your final payment date already past? RCI has a price guarantee to allow for a lower price if posted on their web. I think if you have not past your final payment date or if you want to you can cancel your existing reservations and book the two new guaranteed balconies on a whole new reservation and they would then give you a refund. I don't know the length of time it takes to get a refund but I think that they would honor that. Then you would not have to rely on the OBC.

Remember though' date=' they can give you any balcony cabin anywhere on the ship and if you picked specific cabins that you really like the locations, sometimes it is better to pay the extra $ for what you really want! Just food for thought on that. Good luck![/quote']

If it is before final they would not have to cancel anything. They can change to the other rooms and still get the lower price. OBC is just like a refund because you get back any unused portion of this kind of OBC.

If it is before final they would not have to cancel anything. They can change to the other rooms and still get the lower price. OBC is just like a refund because you get back any unused portion of this kind of OBC.

Hey Sue, I thought I read somewhere that after final payment, Royal did not allow you to downgrade in category without paying some sort of penalty. Is my memory failing (again)? I was thinking the move from a D1 to a guarantee balcony would be considered a downgrade.

Bob

Archived