Upsells

Fairydust312

Hi there. I was wondering if NCL will try to upsell until all room categories are full. We are on the Pearl in several weeks, and all suites except the 2 Garden Villas are booked. There's no way I could afford one of those, but I was hoping maybe they would try to upsell the Owner Suites into the Garden Villas, then the Courtyard Villas into the Owners Suites, etc. Trying to figure out if it's even possible that one of the lower suites would open up for an upsell. I've read that they sometimes keep the Garden Villas open for tours and parties, and if that's the case, I'll stop even thinking about this. Thanks!

I was on one cruise, booked in an AA and did not receive an upsell call for the GV, which was not booked at all. They had a drawing for it the second day. Many have reported receiving the upsell call for the GV, when they had more than one suite, or a suite and another cabin booked. Bottom line, upsells are around, but do not hold your breath waiting for your scenario to occur.

Welcome to CC:)

Al

I reckon it is possible. Seems there is no set pattern to how they do it. As said, sometimes they are empty. Others times they work hard to fill them all. Sometimes newbies get the deal, and other times repeat customers.

On our November '07 PoAM cruise in Hawaii, we originally booked an inside on deck 8, after a price drop we were upgraded to a balcony on deck 8 and then upsold (with onboard credit equal to our upsell) to a AE on deck 11! The room was amazing, but we made due! We were spoiled on that cruise!

Friends on the same cruise (who had previous sailings with NCL) were upgraded to an AE and then requested a upsell to the grand suite! Beautiful room and quite the view and deck!

:):):)

Hi there. I was wondering if NCL will try to upsell until all room categories are full. We are on the Pearl in several weeks, and all suites except the 2 Garden Villas are booked. There's no way I could afford one of those, but I was hoping maybe they would try to upsell the Owner Suites into the Garden Villas, then the Courtyard Villas into the Owners Suites, etc. Trying to figure out if it's even possible that one of the lower suites would open up for an upsell. I've read that they sometimes keep the Garden Villas open for tours and parties, and if that's the case, I'll stop even thinking about this. Thanks!

I agree with janice4559! Don't wait for them to call you. We got an upsell from an AA/OS to an A1/GV when we were just within 3 weeks of sailing.... I made the call. Originally called 4 weeks out and they told me to try back that following Monday. Know that is was not cheap, but low enough that it allowed us and 2 other couples to get in there.

Thanks for the advice, everybody. Maybe I will try to call as the date gets closer. I am not optimistic though, since all suites are booked except the 2 GVs. I would think those would be a little big for just 3 of us (and pricey) :) My only hope is the domino effect it seems.

Also keep a close eye on the prices, you may be able to upsell yourself for a good price, and not be at the mercy of the Upsell Fairy. That's wha we did --- after final payment, the prices for the A3s on our sailing went down quite a bit. We were originally in an AE, but last week we called and upgraded ourselves to the A3, and we were pleased with the price. Don't forget that upsell offers are often not cheap, they are just less than you would have originally paid. By the way, several of the A3s have sold now at the lower price, so there will be fewer options for upsells on our cruise.

Archived