Unique Photos

PineappleGal

That's at Poipu Beach, on the southern coast of Kauai. We docked at Nawiliwili and rented a car. And the water here was the best...with many of the colored fish backdropped by the white sand. Sadly my underwater camera broke at that very beach.

Thank you so much for the pictures of Kauai. I was raised on Oahu and we traveled to the other islands on vacation (my father was a private pilot). I have told my husband for years, that I don't ever want to go back. The last time I was there it was 1986, and I was so sad, so much of the island (Oahu) had been desecrated. Looking at these pictures have changed my mind.... Thanks for letting me see that beauty still exists in the Hawaiian islands.

Great picture where was this taken?

Thank you. On the "Road to Hana" on Maui.

If you want to, Google "Road to Hana"...driving it is an unbelievable experience. The road surface isn't bad but the outrageously sharp curves, along with the local's indifference driving around the curves in the opposite direction make it very dangerous and heart stopping.

I recommend it for those who's pacemakers aren't working correctly. :D

There are something like 60 bridges on this short road, so narrow only one vehicle at a time is possible, all looking similar to the one I photographed and posted. Very old and very beautiful, each and every one. I heartily recommend all drive it.

Chris

Cobo . . .were were there. . .what a place

Cabo_Arch_1.JPG

One of my cameras is the same Olympus SW1050 you took this pic with. It's very decent for an underwater P & S. Sadly, for me, it stopped working while we were in Hawaii a couple of months ago...just at the wrong time too. :) As if there is a "right" time. I did manage to get it functioning again but I missed the "pretty fishes" I was trying to shoot.

Edited by C n C