Did you buy photo book on board... how'd it look?

markstudy

Calmom,

You can have either of the 3 covers with your purchase. It acts as though you have only one with the purchase when actuality all 3 are available for the price you paid.

I ordered the Photo Wrap choice. I have not received my book yet but it should be in any day now. My sister received hers today and we ordered on the same day. She also ordered the Photo Wrap! She said that it's a glossy type finish on the book kind of like coffee table books you would purchase in a store. She said she is very pleased with the book and it looks very professional. I did not realize that you could change the picture on the cover when you are placing the order. The reason I'm saying this...the picture you choose on the Photo Wrap that's on the cover will also be the first page of the book....so you see the same picture on the cover and then on the first page. If you choose the Photo Wrap either change the cover photo or change the first page photo so it won't be repeated one after another. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for responding. O.K. I understand the photo wrap. Do you know what the Dust Cover is? Thanks for the idea of changing the photo on the cover or first page.

I'm excited to get it back, it is a gift for our friend that went on the cruise with us. I am a scrapbooker so I am doing a normal scrapbook photo album with the photo I had printed. It is much faster and definitely cost effective doing a digital album but I love to scrapbook so I do digital and regular scrapbooking with die cuts & stickers.

Hopefully, someone will know what the dust cover looks like or what the difference is.

Thanks for responding. O.K. I understand the photo wrap. Do you know what the Dust Cover is? Thanks for the idea of changing the photo on the cover or first page.

I'm excited to get it back, it is a gift for our friend that went on the cruise with us. I am a scrapbooker so I am doing a normal scrapbook photo album with the photo I had printed. It is much faster and definitely cost effective doing a digital album but I love to scrapbook so I do digital and regular scrapbooking with die cuts & stickers.

Hopefully, someone will know what the dust cover looks like or what the difference is.

Dust cover is the removable paper wrap around that you find on alot of hard cover books.

Dust_jacket.jpg

I saw the Dust Cover as the example while onboard. Yes, it's like the picture that Colo posted. It's just glossy thick paper that covers the book. I decided against the dust cover because I was afraid with time and MANY, MANY people "oohing and ahhing" over my most wonderful book that the cover may become torn or worn looking...so that's why I opted for the Photo Wrap!

I'm just starting to think about doing something like this. I've been on many vacations -sometimes I have many photos and others not too many. Instead of doing a book for each vacation, I would like to create a book by area I have been to and be able to add pages to it in the future.

Does anybody know of a company that does books with punched holes so that additioal pages can be added or can a bound book be taken apart and additional pages added later?

I did the dust cover and it looked great. Very thick paper, and a great glossy photo, with a pretty blue background. (you do have to be careful of people ruffing-up the edges of the dust cover, but I always show mine flat on the coffee table so it has held-up perfectly).

I'm glad to hear the photo wrap option looked good also. (I was worried that the photo would get distorted being printer right on the cover of the book).

I have tried to order my album for last last 3 days and when I go to order, where you choose your cover, I get a message "Unresolvable server problem occurred" and it will not allow me to go any further because it never finishes loading. I sent 2 emails to Panraven but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone come across this problem? It is a little frustrating having to wait for them to reply instead of just calling.

I'm just starting to think about doing something like this. I've been on many vacations -sometimes I have many photos and others not too many. Instead of doing a book for each vacation, I would like to create a book by area I have been to and be able to add pages to it in the future.

Does anybody know of a company that does books with punched holes so that additioal pages can be added or can a bound book be taken apart and additional pages added later?

I've never heard of a photobook like that. You might want to try scrapbooking and use a binder-type album where you can add pages. If you don't like traditional scrapbooking, you can do digital scrapbooking where you make all the pages on your computer and print them.

I have tried to order my album for last last 3 days and when I go to order, where you choose your cover, I get a message "Unresolvable server problem occurred" and it will not allow me to go any further because it never finishes loading. I sent 2 emails to Panraven but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone come across this problem? It is a little frustrating having to wait for them to reply instead of just calling.

CalMom...my friend is trying to order hers today and she is getting the same thing as you. I think Panraven must be having server problems. I will tell her that you are having the same problem so she'll know that it's not just her.

CalMom...my friend is trying to order hers today and she is getting the same thing as you. I think Panraven must be having server problems. I will tell her that you are having the same problem so she'll know that it's not just her.

Thank you

I have placed all the pictures but need to go back, add text and edit some of the pictures. I have 144 pages and that was cutting out about 37 pages :eek:

OMG! And here I only ended up with 78 pages so I'm going back to add more pictures as well as splitting up some pages so that I can try to get my 100 pages! I'm one of those people who come back from trips regretting that I didn't take more pictures. If it wasn't for my brother in law, I probably would only have enough pictures for 40 pages, LOL! :p I also "borrowed" a few photo's from other nice people who made their pictures public on Panraven.

This is such a helpful thread! Thanks to all contributors! :)

OMG! And here I only ended up with 78 pages so I'm going back to add more pictures as well as splitting up some pages so that I can try to get my 100 pages! I'm one of those people who come back from trips regretting that I didn't take more pictures. If it wasn't for my brother in law, I probably would only have enough pictures for 40 pages, LOL! :p I also "borrowed" a few photo's from other nice people who made their pictures public on Panraven.

This is such a helpful thread! Thanks to all contributors! :)

I could make my pictures on Panraven public if you would like? I already have them public on my webshots site:http://community.webshots.com/user/CALMOM5 I hope this helps, I originally had over 300 pages so it was really hard to cut it in half.

I could make my pictures on Panraven public if you would like? I already have them public on my webshots site:http://community.webshots.com/user/CALMOM5 I hope this helps, I originally had over 300 pages so it was really hard to cut it in half.

Cool... just took a quick look at your Kona -The Big Island photo file. Nice underwater pics. :)

Hi Everyone,

I love the idea of a coffee table book of your vacation. Can you use Panraven using your own photos if Panraven is not on your cruise...we are doing the Egyptian Nilel and Lake Nasser river cruise next Feb. and would love to use Panraven for my photos. Does anybody know if this is possible? Thanks for your help...going on the Golden in Oct. to Hawaii and definitely going to get a book done. They are wonderful looking!

Corinne

YEA! I was finally able to order the album. I can't wait to see it.

Calmom...got mine today! It looks GREAT. I am very pleased with it! I was worried about the captions being too small after viewing them online but the captions are very easy to read! On my Mexican Riviera cruise in March, I will most definitely be buying another Panraven book. This time I know what kind of pictures to take because of what type of pictures I was looking for when making this book...since I'm a "professional" bookmaker now....LOL!

Can't wait for you to get your book to see if you're as pleased as I am.

Hi Everyone,

I love the idea of a coffee table book of your vacation. Can you use Panraven using your own photos if Panraven is not on your cruise...we are doing the Egyptian Nilel and Lake Nasser river cruise next Feb. and would love to use Panraven for my photos. Does anybody know if this is possible? Thanks for your help...going on the Golden in Oct. to Hawaii and definitely going to get a book done. They are wonderful looking!

Corinne

Corinne,

I'm pretty sure you can make your own book through Panraven with the photos you upload yourself. Go to the Panraven site and check it out...

www.panraven.com

I did the dust cover and it looked great. Very thick paper, and a great glossy photo, with a pretty blue background. (you do have to be careful of people ruffing-up the edges of the dust cover, but I always show mine flat on the coffee table so it has held-up perfectly).

I'm glad to hear the photo wrap option looked good also. (I was worried that the photo would get distorted being printer right on the cover of the book).

Mark,

I got my book today and I love it. Just for future reference in case you do another book; the Photo Wrap photo looks beautiful ...just like the real picture!

I've been following this thread but wondered what was different than other photo books - Shutterfly, Winkflash, etc.? Winkflash has a sale going right now and coffee table books are from $5.00 - $15 for a 20 page book with .40/ppage over that. A 100 page 12 x 12 book would cost about $45. Why are the Panraven books better?

I've been following this thread but wondered what was different than other photo books - Shutterfly, Winkflash, etc.? Winkflash has a sale going right now and coffee table books are from $5.00 - $15 for a 20 page book with .40/ppage over that. A 100 page 12 x 12 book would cost about $45. Why are the Panraven books better?

Panraven includes stock photos of the ship, cruise, and ports that your cruise visits. They also pre-fill your itinerary and ship stats in for you and if you buy any photos onboard, you'll automatically get them in your Panraven account too.

I've ordered from Shutterfly and Snapfish photo books before and IMO, the quality is not as good as MyPublisher and PanRaven. Never ordered from WinkFlash though.

Hi Everyone,

Corinne

Yes, you can but it's pretty expensive if you didn't buy the package onboard. (My Royal Caribbean book was $130 for 110 pages + shipping!) If you are a Costco member, I'd recommend MyPublisher.com because you get 20% off:

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePage.aspx?ProductNo=11268534

All of my photo books are MyPublisher, except for 1 Panraven book. They are equally good in quality. I personally think MyPublisher has better page templates and more variety of templates. You also download their software to your computer and upload it all at once when you're done so you don't have the slow internet loading issues that Panraven does while you're making your book.

However, I still use Panraven if the cruise line is partnered with them since I really like the stock photos they include.

CALMOM: Thanks, that's so nice of you! Over 500 photo's wow! I only took about 275. And you saw lots of wildlife as well, pretty cool! :)

OMG! I took 2,900 photos during my Alaska cruise! I can't believe you only took 275. Feel free to use any of mine too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznaphrodite/collections/72157624619776798/

Calmom...got mine today! It looks GREAT. I am very pleased with it! I was worried about the captions being too small after viewing them online but the captions are very easy to read! On my Mexican Riviera cruise in March, I will most definitely be buying another Panraven book. This time I know what kind of pictures to take because of what type of pictures I was looking for when making this book...since I'm a "professional" bookmaker now....LOL!

Can't wait for you to get your book to see if you're as pleased as I am.

Awesome, I'm so glad your happy with it. I haven't heard of anyone NOT liking their album. I did find it a little frustrating with the errors I would get on their website but I'm hoping I will love the album so much, I will forget the frustration and be excited to complete another one, on my next cruise. Congrats on being a Professional Bookmaker :D I have been a scrapbooker for many many years but find the digital scrapbook albums are fun, quick and cost effective.

I cannot speak of Winkflash but I have used Shutterfly and was very happy with my albums. I am waiting for my first album with Panraven to come, I just ordered it.

I can tell you the difference that I did see between Shutterfly & Panraven:

Panraven does not have a telephone # for you to call, you can only email, where Shutterfly, you can call

Panraven has a unusual size album 8.5" x 11", where Shutterfly has several sizes to choose from.

Panraven has a very limited layout and background and you can not rearrange the text boxes or make them larger, shutterfly you can and they have a fairly nice selection of lay outs & backgrounds

If you purchase the special on the ship it is $59 which includes 100 pages and free shipping, $.99 for each additional page. The special is a good deal, the extra per page is standard price for online digital albums.

You can upload your personal pictures to either company.

Princess will upload any portraits that you purchase on the ship to your Panraven Album, if you purchase the Premier Album Special.

As I said, I am still waiting for my album but I have only heard good things about the finish product.

Archived