Did you buy photo book on board... how'd it look?

markstudy

OMG! I took 2,900 photos during my Alaska cruise! I can't believe you only took 275. Feel free to use any of mine too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aznaphrodite/collections/72157624619776798/

Wow, WOW! I think that's about the amount of photo's I have taken in my lifetime! :p

Thanks. I've looked at some of your photo's of Ketchikan and not sure if I actually added to my account since I've never done it on flickr. I'll have to check again tomorrow. Tired now...

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your album, once you order it? Thank you, excited to get my album:D

Nope, I can't remember anymore... but as soon as I quit looking for it everyday when the UPS truck drove by... that's when it finally showed up :D

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your album, once you order it? Thank you, excited to get my album:D

I still have my old e-mails and tracking number so I can help you with this:

April 24: Placed order

April 30: Received e-mail that order was shipped w/ tracking number

May 5: Photo book delivered

Hope that helps!

Hi Everyone,

I love the idea of a coffee table book of your vacation. Can you use Panraven using your own photos if Panraven is not on your cruise...we are doing the Egyptian Nilel and Lake Nasser river cruise next Feb. and would love to use Panraven for my photos. Does anybody know if this is possible? Thanks for your help...going on the Golden in Oct. to Hawaii and definitely going to get a book done. They are wonderful looking!

Corinne

Yes I added many pictures from my own photo library.......

We were on a B2B Caribbean cruise and bought the book at the end. It comes with stock pictures and itineraries from the cruise you purchase it on, but with a 20 day B2B it only had the last 10 day itinerary. I adapted the book, took out their itinerary, built my own, took some of their stock photos out, added my photos from the complete B2B, and then decided to make it a book of multiple cruises and put my pictures from another cruise in there too. You can be as creative as you want. You add your pictures to theirs, and then mix it up as you want.

I still have my old e-mails and tracking number so I can help you with this:

April 24: Placed order

April 30: Received e-mail that order was shipped w/ tracking number

May 5: Photo book delivered

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I ordered mine on 8/23 but I haven't received an email yet. I'm used to the other digital scrapbook companies where I had the scrapbook in my hand within 6 days from ordering. I will patiently wait but it's hard :o

Thanks for this thread! The book was offered on our Can/NE cruise last week as free with the purchase of any 5 photos, so we were eager to get it after seeing how great everyone's turned out (and we were going to buy the pix anyway, so....!) It only includes 50 pages, though, and I'm not sure how much additional pages are. I've set up the account on Panraven but does anyone know how long it takes for the ship photos to show up?

(Forgot to mention-- not totally free; they charged us $9.95 for shipping.)

It only includes 50 pages, though, and I'm not sure how much additional pages are. I've set up the account on Panraven but does anyone know how long it takes for the ship photos to show up?

It was $1 per page for each additional page. It took a few weeks for the photos from the ship to show-up in my account.

I just got to work on everything else and they showed up one day.

That's VERY cool! Hope they offer it on our upcoming EP in Nov!

Your pix are terrific - thanks for sharing, and we'll all wonder how the book is once you get it - and how long it'll take to recive it as well. Please let us know, huh?

Q: did you write all the text in addition to captions, or do that have "pre-made" mages to add the photos into?

Thanks!

I am still waiting for my album. After 3 emails sent in the last week, I finally had a response telling me that my album had been shipped, a couple days prior. I am hoping I will receive it by mid week. To be honest, I have been very frustrated that the only way to correspond with Panraven was by email and it took them a few days to respond. I am hoping that the album will of been worth the frustration, I had with Panraven. I will let you know as soon as I receive it.

I'm not sure how to post the album, but as soon as I figure it out, I will post it. It is a great way to scrapbook your cruise, especially for people who have no experience with digital scrapbooking.

I received my album today and I have to say it looks AMAZING. I am VERY happy with the end result. I have used many online digital album companies and I have to say, this is the best. What amazed me was I had used some very poor quality photos and they made them looked fantastic. The cover quality is excellent and the pages are also excellent quality.

If I had any suggestion, that would be to not use a white background for Glacier pictures but that was my fault, I know better. I had previously stated that I became somewhat frustrated with the company, but all that is forgotten, after I saw the professional & superior quality of the album.

I ABSOLUTELY recommend Panraven with no hesitation. Thank you my CC Family for assisting me along the way, especially Mark.

I'm still working on mine (over 2100 pics from a 14 day Med. cruise plus a week beforehand in London - I've whittled a LOT out) but I'm glad to hear you say that about the quality of the photos. I have a couple that have been marked as low quality, but I like the photos so I'm leaving them in anyway. Good to know!

Also, I see differing page numbers available. Mine includes 100 pages and that's the "Signature Plus" version.

I purchased it the last full day on the Grand which was 7/2 so I have less than a month to finish it off. Seemed like 3 months was SUCH a long time when I started. :)

Susan

I'm still working on mine (over 2100 pics from a 14 day Med. cruise plus a week beforehand in London - I've whittled a LOT out) but I'm glad to hear you say that about the quality of the photos. I have a couple that have been marked as low quality, but I like the photos so I'm leaving them in anyway. Good to know!

Also, I see differing page numbers available. Mine includes 100 pages and that's the "Signature Plus" version.

I purchased it the last full day on the Grand which was 7/2 so I have less than a month to finish it off. Seemed like 3 months was SUCH a long time when I started. :)

Susan

Hi Susan,

I was very impressed with how well the low resolution pictures, turned out. Yes, it includes 100 pages but I ended up with 147 pages, so I had to pay the additional 47 pages @ $.99, but it was worth it. I tried to stay within the 100 pages but it was impossible.

If you think you can't make it within the 3 month deadline, just contact Panraven and I am sure they will be happy to extend it. I think they try to keep a deadline so they don't have people completing their albums a year later.

You will be very happy with the end results. FYI, I decided on the hard cover, it came out beautiful.

Regarding the book that can be prepurchased on the cruise ship; if you have recently taken a Princess Cruise you can go to the following link and enter in your past cruise information and play around with the book. You can even share your online book with others. This service is free unless you want to purchase a hard copy. www.panraven.com/princess

Regarding the book that can be prepurchased on the cruise ship; if you have recently taken a Princess Cruise you can go to the following link and enter in your past cruise information and play around with the book. You can even share your online book with others. This service is free unless you want to purchase a hard copy. www.panraven.com/princess

A Hard Copy is great to have to show your friends that don't want to go on the computer. I am a avid scrapbooker so I couldn't imagine need having an album for my vacations. The pre-purchased price is very reasonable and a great deal for a very professional hard copy album.

How much is it for the 100 page book if purchased onboard?? We are sailing soon and I am thinking of doing this. I thought I saw a few options post awhile back.

Any recent cruisers like to share the price options....thanks.

I think I paid $59.97 including tax and free shipping. If you exceed the 100 pages then it is $.99 per page. It is well worth the money.

I think I paid $59.97 including tax and free shipping. If you exceed the 100 pages then it is $.99 per page. It is well worth the money.

Thanks....that is about what I thought I read awhile back. Then I thought someone said it was more and less pages. At least I have an idea......now to talk hubby into it. :D

Yup. This was the same package we were offered too. I read there were other packages offered before but this was the only one for our cruise in July. They will include any photos that you purchase in your photo book account too.

It is definitely well worth it. We bought one for our Royal Caribbean cruise and our 110 page book cost $113 after shipping!

Hi Mark,

I made my album on Panraven public but now I don't know what to do from here. I emailed the link to a friend of mine but it took them to a sign in page. Does my friend have to register with Panraven to be able to see it.

Thank you.

Archived