NCL-Jewel-Blue Lagoon

jgreens2

Has anyone been on the Jewel? It looks like the blue lagoon on the ship is on its own... Does it connect to anything or is it hard to get to on the ship? The blue lagoon on the Dawn when i went was in a really good position.

Also.. Has anyone stayed in the rooms on the 8th deck AFT? I know its right by the blue lagoon and I was wondering if it was noisy at all or if there were any problems with noise or vibrations in those bunch of rooms?

Thanks for all your help.

-Jen

Sits in the upper area of the main lobby/atrium. One side overlooks the main lobby, other side looks out over ocean. Not sure why anyone would think it is hard to get to. Up the stairs from the lobby or via elevators or down the hall from staterooms.

??

did not like the LOCALE of the BL on the JEWEL prefered it on the STAR/SPIRIT had CHARM and was a fun location...altho now on the STAR it has MOVED and so that CHARM is gone:( BLUE LAGOON was one of our FAVs but not on the JEWEL we only went a few times and didnt enjoy it...the food wasnt as GOOD on the JEWEL either to US anyway--where it was always CROWDED and BUSTLING on the STAR it was quiet and hardly anyone there...just not the SAME:(

The Blue Lagoon is sort of away, but it was fine. We went in one afternoon around 3:00 cause we missed lunch. Wings were good and so were the fries.....Not crowded at all. Maybe more crowded breakfast/lunch. It was the perfect 'quiet' spot for a while.

We were on the Jewel Oct/Nov.09. It was all great!

I stayed on deck 8 Aft on the Pearl. Great location, very quiet, near the blue lagoon for late night chicken wing breaks and not far from the elevators. Never heard any hallway traffic or noise from Bliss lounge.

Well I've never been on the Pearl but looking at their ship layouts they are very similar..

I'm glad it wasn't too noisy. I also thought the room was a good location. Since me and my two friends like to party I'm sure we'll be in need of a late night snack

I have another quick question about the jewel... Is there pizza available at lunch at all.. THe grill by the pool I know has burgers and hot dogs but is pizza served any day either in the garden cafe or by the grill?

We were on the Jewel two weeks ago and stayed not too far away from the Blue Lagoon. There is a large open (what I heard called a Juliette) Staircase going from Deck 7 to Deck 8. In the evenings, there was often a vocalist playing guitar/keyboard from the landing of that staircase. We were not too far away in 8573 and we never heard the sound of the music. The Blue Lagoon is on a balcony above the reception and excursion desks. In the lobby was also the Java Bar. It's not a bad set up, almost in the center of the ship. We had breakfast and lunch in the Blue Lagoon. Food was pretty good and service was ok. I did love those wings!

Hope this info helps.

I like the location of the BL on the Jewel-class ships (Jewel, Gem, Pearl). I prefer having it more on its own than on a thoroughfare like it is on other ships - particularly the Spirit, also the Dawn/Star but a little less so. On those ships, I didn't like the amount of foot traffic unless it was very late night. Overlooking the atrium, where there's often nice music being played, is also a plus.

I have another quick question about the jewel... Is there pizza available at lunch at all.. THe grill by the pool I know has burgers and hot dogs but is pizza served any day either in the garden cafe or by the grill?

I'm pretty sure I saw pizza in the buffet every day at lunch. Usually several types (plain cheese, pepperoni, vegetarian).

I was on the Jewel last October. I would stop there every night after the late show for a cup of decaf and a slice of their delicious fruit topped NY cheesecake. I enjoyed the quiet, but with a view location. I don't know about any other meals, as I had breakfast and lunch in the lido buffet, and dinner in one of the two main dining rooms. I do like the fact that it is open about 22 hours of the day, so if you get a late night craving, you don't have to order room service, but have someplace to go.

Pizza is not too good on NCL. Most people agree. If you want good (NY-style) pizza, try Princess.

Yeah I'm a tri-state area girl so I love that kind of pizza. I've been on 3 princess cruises and the pizza is amazing!

I'm glad at least NCL has something though... I'll give it a try.. might just have to stick with buffet and burgers when by the pool though.

hmmmm just wondering.. I think i know the answer.. but are the main dining rooms the same menu each night on the jewel? like will it matter which one we go to on a particular night?

hmmmm just wondering.. I think i know the answer.. but are the main dining rooms the same menu each night on the jewel? like will it matter which one we go to on a particular night?

The dinner menu in the MDRs changes each night, but it's the same menu for both dining rooms.

Keep in mind also that NCL has been experimenting with a fixed menu where half of the menu is the same for the entire cruise and the other half features a selection of nightly specialty dishes. I don't think this experiment has been extended to the Jewel yet, but it might by the time you sail.

The dinner menu in the MDRs changes each night, but it's the same menu for both dining rooms.

Keep in mind also that NCL has been experimenting with a fixed menu where half of the menu is the same for the entire cruise and the other half features a selection of nightly specialty dishes. I don't think this experiment has been extended to the Jewel yet, but it might by the time you sail.

For Most cruises I've been on, THe main dining rooms have fixed menu items.. At least that's how it was on Princess.... SO i'm pretty used to that.. I think its good in a way.. Im a really picky eater.

For Most cruises I've been on, THe main dining rooms have fixed menu items.. At least that's how it was on Princess.... SO i'm pretty used to that.. I think its good in a way.. Im a really picky eater.

I should have added in my last post that there is an "Always Available" list of items on NCL - sirloin steak, grilled chicken, salmon (I think) and a Caesars salad (again, if memory serves). Those items are available every night in the MDRs in addition to whatever else is on the menu.

Has anyone been on the Jewel? It looks like the blue lagoon on the ship is on its own... Does it connect to anything or is it hard to get to on the ship? The blue lagoon on the Dawn when i went was in a really good position.

Also.. Has anyone stayed in the rooms on the 8th deck AFT? I know its right by the blue lagoon and I was wondering if it was noisy at all or if there were any problems with noise or vibrations in those bunch of rooms?

Thanks for all your help.

-Jen

I love the location of the Blue Lagoon on the Jewel. It does overlook the atrium and is pretty much its own diner..

Nita

did not like the LOCALE of the BL on the JEWEL prefered it on the STAR/SPIRIT had CHARM and was a fun location...altho now on the STAR it has MOVED and so that CHARM is gone:( BLUE LAGOON was one of our FAVs but not on the JEWEL we only went a few times and didnt enjoy it...the food wasnt as GOOD on the JEWEL either to US anyway--where it was always CROWDED and BUSTLING on the STAR it was quiet and hardly anyone there...just not the SAME:(

Funny, I feel just the opposite. I guess it is what your first impression is. The first time we ever had Blue Lagoon was on the Jewel, we loved the location. On the Star and Spirit we didn't like all that traffic..

A great memory was running down to Blue Lagoon at 2AM with my 19 year old son to have a big platter of buffalo wings. . .I just thought, what is better than this? The wings were fantastic! My son was jsut laughing that he was sitting there at 2AM with his mom eating mounds of CHICKEN WINGS!! LOL

The location is very central, don't know how anyone could see it as hard to get to. The food there was really good and we ahd fantastic service--on several occasions (not just 2AM) A big fave witht he fam was the brownie and ice creamm and whipped cream. . .

but the wings. . . they are truly fantastic!!

Funny, I feel just the opposite. I guess it is what your first impression is. The first time we ever had Blue Lagoon was on the Jewel, we loved the location. On the Star and Spirit we didn't like all that traffic..

I like the location on the Jewel much better than on the Dawn. On the Dawn, it was like a take out restaurant. you got your food at the counter, than went across the busy passageway to get a table. Buffet style. On the Jewel, you were seated and ordered and got served at your seat.

Archived