??questions from the port of New Orleans??

how u du n

Soon headed to New Orleans for a 5 nighter on the Triumph. So far the things I have accomplished/completed:

airline tickets-Chicago-from and to

marriott reservation in NO -the day before

funpass completed and printed

Baggage tags printed

BonVoyage purchase-captains and absolute

camp carnival registration

what else am I missing?

a few questions.

was wondering if a limo from the airport to the hotel the night before is a good idea? how much would a taxi or shuttle cost for 3?

will be in NO at about noon so we have a full day and night to hangout. What should we do---we will be with our 7yr old son??

What time could/should we be at the ship on the date of sailing (4pm departure)?

should we plan on lounging in the sun the day we leave?

any tips to quicker registration?

our departing flight is at 2:50pm from NO. When will they kick me off the ship. When will i want to leave the ship? should I buy a transfer through Carnival? what could I do with my luggage if I decide to go into town for a bite to eat?

Just want to make sure I'm prepared for everything so I"ll njoy myself. I hate surprises! lol.

If you dont get all the answers here, you could also post this in gulf ports departures, where the main people who read it are galveston, New Orleans, and Mobile.

You will have to debark around 9:30, 10 am at the latest. I dont know of anything you can do with your suitcase.

If there are 3 of you Id just do a taxi, not the shuttle or limo.

Is your hotel near French Qtr?? I was at the Drury and could walk thru the French Qtr all night and hang out and shopped for things and got my coffee at Du monde or however you spell it.. We got shrimp gumbo for dinner, wanted local cuisine.

you should do camp carnival registration the first day!!! dont wait.

will be in NO at about noon so we have a full day and night to hangout. What should we do---we will be with our 7yr old son??

Stay away from Bourbon Street and you should be fine with your 7 yo.:p There are carriage rides and Jackson Square to roam around, there are night tours, you might find one that would be suitable for a 7 yo. Just google New Orleans attractions. Just walking around the Quarter is great fun.

What time could/should we be at the ship on the date of sailing (4pm departure)?

In the morning, depending on what time you need to check out, get out early and have breakfast, maybe at Cafe Dumond. You should have time to do a little more roaming, have breakfast and get back to get your bags and a taxi. I say get on the ship the earlier the better. I usually get there around noon, on ship by 1:00. Cabins should be ready around 3 or so.

should we plan on lounging in the sun the day we leave? Pack your swimsuit in your carry on and you'll have a few hours to sun bathe if you get on early :). Depending on the time of year, of course! It's still a bit chilly in Nawlins right now.

any tips to quicker registration? The earlier the better!

our departing flight is at 2:50pm from NO. When will they kick me off the ship. When will i want to leave the ship? should I buy a transfer through Carnival? what could I do with my luggage if I decide to go into town for a bite to eat?

It seems like the airport shuttle people will store your luggage until you get on the shuttle for the airport. I know my friends have done that when they have flown out. They get off boat, store luggage and then have a few hours in the Quarter. I think you can stay on the ship until around 11, but not in your room. It's been my experience that hanging out is NO fun so I get off as quick as possible!

Just want to make sure I'm prepared for everything so I"ll njoy myself. I hate surprises! lol.

Glad you have some time in New Orleans. It's a wonderful place!

We will be there with our kids also before the cruise. There is an aquarium with penguins that we will hit the day we get off the ship. There is also Mardi Gras World which is a neat museum where you can see the parade floats and try on the costumes. There is also Audobon Park which is where the Zoo is. We plan on going to the park and the Garden District and then hit the French Quarter where the French Market is ( by Cafe DuMonde). It's such a neat place, I'm sure there will be plenty to keep you busy.

Stay away from Bourbon Street and you should be fine with your 7 yo.:p There are carriage rides and Jackson Square to roam around, there are night tours, you might find one that would be suitable for a 7 yo. Just google New Orleans attractions. Just walking around the Quarter is great fun.

But if you DO want to walk Bourbon Street just to say you've been there, go in the day. Not much happening when the sun is up. Then hit the rest of the Quarter, but frankly that can heat up as the sun goes down as well. Canal Street has some interesting stop and looks also. And I agree, the Aquarium is a good stop.

We are leaving this Friday for NOLA and will be visiting the WWII museum. I have boys and after much research I found this attraction to get rave reviews. The site says to allow 2-3 hours to tour exibits. With a 7 year old he may love the war stuff and the actual tanks, ect. on display.

We are leaving this Friday for NOLA and will be visiting the WWII museum. I have boys and after much research I found this attraction to get rave reviews. The site says to allow 2-3 hours to tour exibits. With a 7 year old he may love the war stuff and the actual tanks, ect. on display.

Just a word of warning....there are some pretty graphic pics in one of the rooms. I can't remember which one (pacific maybe), but it has heads on stakes and such. My son (10) was fascinated about becoming a Marine when he was younger (8) until he saw those pics. Made it real for him and now he's having second thoughts (or thousandth, he also wanted to be a Power Ranger ;)). He was ahead of me and I didn't see the pics in time to distract him. If I remember correctly you may be able to show him other things in the room and miss the pics. My son just happened upon them.

The museum is FANTASTIC and I in no way want to discourage you from going, just thought I'd warn you. I highly recommend it to anyone that is remotely interested in WWII. It's an eye opener about what they went through.

Oh, there's some uniforms on display from the war. Take a gander at how small the men were back then. I don't think I could get into one and I'm 5'4"/average size.:eek:

Just a word of warning....there are some pretty graphic pics in one of the rooms. I can't remember which one (pacific maybe), but it has heads on stakes and such. My son (10) was fascinated about becoming a Marine when he was younger (8) until he saw those pics. Made it real for him and now he's having second thoughts (or thousandth, he also wanted to be a Power Ranger ;)). He was ahead of me and I didn't see the pics in time to distract him. If I remember correctly you may be able to show him other things in the room and miss the pics. My son just happened upon them.

The museum is FANTASTIC and I in no way want to discourage you from going, just thought I'd warn you. I highly recommend it to anyone that is remotely interested in WWII. It's an eye opener about what they went through.

Oh, there's some uniforms on display from the war. Take a gander at how small the men were back then. I don't think I could get into one and I'm 5'4"/average size.:eek:

Not nearly as graphic as what the child will see on Bourbon street!;)

If you take him or her there be ready to answer alot of questions!:p

You can also buy a street car pass for about 5 bucks pp for the day and ride the street car. The green line goes into the nice neighborhoods. We did this on our last day and got alot of sight seeing in

It seems like the airport shuttle people will store your luggage until you get on the shuttle for the airport. I know my friends have done that when they have flown out. They get off boat, store luggage and then have a few hours in the Quarter. I think you can stay on the ship until around 11, but not in your room. It's been my experience that hanging out is NO fun so I get off as quick as possible!

I would like to have more information about this......anyone??

:eek:

Oh, there's some uniforms on display from the war. Take a gander at how small the men were back then. I don't think I could get into one and I'm 5'4"/average size.

Thanks for the warning but my twins are 13 and "know it all"!:rolleyes: I think it would be good for them to see reality. Nothing about Bourban Street will surprise them. They are in junior high so nothing new to them. Once we went to a festival in Galveston on the Strand and I had no prior knowledge it was a Gay Pride thing but no biggie, its all good. Until 2 guys standing together with just pants on (no shirts) put their hands down each others pants!:eek::o My boys started laughing and pointing so we had to hurry and leave so not to offend the others who were being decent. Anyway, I appreciate the info.

Archived