what type of room

Blongers

I am having a hard time deciding. I have been looking at prices for cruises for end of next year and april of 2012. The thing im trying to figure out is do I get one room for the 6 of us at a cost of about $6 grand for a 7 day or do I get 2 ocean view rooms for a cost of $4 grand. I will be going on my first cruise in 18 days but I guess until I do my first cruise (we got upgraded to a balcony after paying for an ocean View) I cant see why paying another 2 grand would be worth it? especially if we can get 2 rooms right next to each other. What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

I am having a hard time deciding. I have been looking at prices for cruises for end of next year and april of 2012. The thing im trying to figure out is do I get one room for the 6 of us at a cost of about $6 grand for a 7 day or do I get 2 ocean view rooms for a cost of $4 grand. I will be going on my first cruise in 18 days but I guess until I do my first cruise (we got upgraded to a balcony after paying for an ocean View) I cant see why paying another 2 grand would be worth it? especially if we can get 2 rooms right next to each other. What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

If you're putting 6 in a room..you must be looking at very high-end cruise lines, with suites that have mulitiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Most of the regular main-line cruise lines have a maximum of 3-4 in a room -- and then people are pretty crowded.

For that many, I'd get 2 rooms side-by-side..or if you're talking kids, then maybe a balconey for parents and kids across the hall. Some cabins have adjoining cabins that would work too, if you want to all be together.

Ship cabins really are pretty small .. you'll see that when you go on your cruise.

2 ocean. How much are you in the cabin anyways? ;)

I aggree with uppitycats. Get 2 rooms. We would normally get a balcony and inside across the hall for our family, but if you can get adjacent balconies that could be joined by opening up a partition, that would be even better.

Sorry I was looking at NCL as they seem to be one of the only cruise lines that allow 6 in a room/suite.

While I've cruised on NCL, I didn't visit the suite. What I know about NCL is that their cabins generally are on the smaller side compared to the other main market lines. I don't know if this is true of the suite. Is there more than one bathroom in the suite? The bathroms are very tiny -- really only one person can do anything in there at a time...it's not like someone could be showering while another is using the sink, for example..

Those new NCL suites are really quite fantastic. I looked at them just out of curiosity, and they have bedrooms, and I think each bedroom had it's own bathroom. They are called Villa Suites (I think). If that is what OP is looking at, it would be awesome to stay in one, but beyond my pocketbook.

Only OP can make that final decision. If OP is looking at just an ordinary suite, then I agree with other posters that the two rooms would be better.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide.

If you are looking at a suite on NCL versus 2 cabins, there are perks that come with the suites (and I think the Courtyard Villas have a few perks exclusive to them). VIP tendering tickets (helpful if you have tendering ports of course), breakfast and lunch at Cagney's, concierge service, butler, access to the private courtyard area and pool, reserved seating for shows, etc. Some people really like/use the perks, some don't. Can't say if the couple extra thousand dollars would be worth it to you or not.

Those new NCL suites are really quite fantastic. I looked at them just out of curiosity, and they have bedrooms, and I think each bedroom had it's own bathroom. They are called Villa Suites (I think). If that is what OP is looking at, it would be awesome to stay in one, but beyond my pocketbook.

Only OP can make that final decision. If OP is looking at just an ordinary suite, then I agree with other posters that the two rooms would be better.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide.

actually I was looking at the presidential suites not the villa suites.

We love balcony staterooms and spend a lot of time relaxing there actually. If there is some good sun on the balcony, I'm out there topless enjoying the privacy.

umm now yer my kind of woman haha.

ok looks like 2 rooms it is.... Besides I could take that 2 grand and spend it on the kids hehe.

Archived