Courtesy hold confused

I just called rci to put a courtesy hold on a cabin . They apparently can not do this unless I book on line. The cabin I

wanted is not listed on line but available when you call. Has anyone expeirence. Does this make sense.

I just called rci to put a courtesy hold on a cabin . They apparently can not do this unless I book on line. The cabin I

wanted is not listed on line but available when you call. Has anyone expeirence. Does this make sense.

I'm not sure how courtesy holds work, just beware that it counts as an existing booking so if you're trying to get some kind of deal it won't work.

RCI only shows 5 rooms of each category online but there are many more available if you call and ask. You can look on travel o city to see up to 15 rooms.

I am trying to hold a particular room for a couple of hours until my travelling compaions get home from work .

When doing a mock booking I have looked for specific cabins with 2, 3 and 4 people. "Your" cabin may only come up for 3 guests so you may have to put it on hold for 3 people. Did that make sense??

Why not put a hold on a cabin that is available on line and as long as that cabin is in the same category as the one you want, call RC immediately after making the reservation and have the agent switch you to the desired cabin.

If for some reason they can't do it then just let the courtesy hold expire and work with a reputable TA. The price will be the same and a TA can put you in the cabin you want as long as it's available.

Try the first suggestion if you prefer working directly with RC but if it does not work the TA option may be the only other way to get the cabin you want.

Good luck!

I am trying to hold a particular room for a couple of hours until my travelling compaions get home from work .

I can't offer any help but I am just dropping in to say that I love your Cruise Critic Name. My name is Emily and my sister's name is Rose (Marie). The combination of the two names you put together is awesome.

Archived