Hamilton for a day...help!

cod

Hi all, Well, I looked back at an old cruise itinerary from April '06 to see what port we were at then and it was King's Wharf...for a day. Loved it..we bought a day pass and hopped on a bus right there at the pier and - when we eventually made it back - saw the few things to see near the ship before we reboarded. It was a great day. Another main difference is that we'll have to tender this time..so-be-it.

Can we accomplish something similar on our own from Hamilton? The only tours offered by NCL are the Trolley tour(s) and a few others that involve getting on another 'boat' of sorts...not too appealing. I was hoping to find something like at 4 hour bus tour of the island but no such luck. So it's back to the drawing board.

We are 2 seniors with clear minds and worn out parts. Gosh, that sounds terrible!lol Let's just say we can't go quite as far or as fast as we did even just 4 years ago.

Any suggestions/advice would be welcome. Also, would there be any private tours waiting to be had once we get ashore?

Thanks!!

Hi all, Well, I looked back at an old cruise itinerary from April '06 to see what port we were at then and it was King's Wharf...for a day. Loved it..we bought a day pass and hopped on a bus right there at the pier and - when we eventually made it back - saw the few things to see near the ship before we reboarded. It was a great day. Another main difference is that we'll have to tender this time..so-be-it.

Can we accomplish something similar on our own from Hamilton? The only tours offered by NCL are the Trolley tour(s) and a few others that involve getting on another 'boat' of sorts...not too appealing. I was hoping to find something like at 4 hour bus tour of the island but no such luck. So it's back to the drawing board.

We are 2 seniors with clear minds and worn out parts. Gosh, that sounds terrible!lol Let's just say we can't go quite as far or as fast as we did even just 4 years ago.

Any suggestions/advice would be welcome. Also, would there be any private tours waiting to be had once we get ashore?

Thanks!!

I'm confused by your post. You say you are on NCL, in Hamilton for one day, and have to tender?

All NCL ships dock at King's Wharf...none in Hamilton, and even the few ships from other lines that call on Hamilton dock there, as far as I know. There is a Holland America itinerary which tender at St. George's but it still docks in Hamilton.

Regardless of port or cruiseline, inexpensive bus and ferry passes are still available in Bermuda, and another tour option is to hire a taxi at $40 per hour (3 hour minimum I believe) and have the driver recommend a tour route.

I'm confused by your post. You say you are on NCL, in Hamilton for one day, and have to tender? ...........

Paul,

I was confused as well but I believe there were some cruises that had to anchor at Grassy Bay for some reason or other last year or the year before. Maybe this is the case with the OP.

OP,

I would also recommend a taxi tour.

Yes, we tender. I called NCL to verify, hoping that I and others were wrong.

I guess I'm just shocked that there is no 'step off ship and on to a tour bus' excursion available. What port doesn't have this proverbial option listed...this one it seems.

Yes, it may well be a taxi tour for us. I'm much rather spend money that way than $80 for the two of us for a 1 hour trolley tour.

Thanks!

Yes, we tender. I called NCL to verify, hoping that I and others were wrong.

I guess I'm just shocked that there is no 'step off ship and on to a tour bus' excursion available. What port doesn't have this proverbial option listed...this one it seems.

Yes, it may well be a taxi tour for us. I'm much rather spend money that way than $80 for the two of us for a 1 hour trolley tour.

Thanks!

You will get MUCH more for your money and remember that $40 is for both of you, not per person. Also, if you would find someone else to share, the rate is for up to four.

We have not done a taxi tour but everyone who has posted here about it always raves. The driver was very knowledgeable and would stop whenever and where ever they wanted.

As far as no tour bus excursion waiting, Hamilton, being small, is rather congested so it might be hard to have busses sitting there

I'm confused by your post. You say you are on NCL, in Hamilton for one day, and have to tender?

All NCL ships dock at King's Wharf...none in Hamilton, and even the few ships from other lines that call on Hamilton dock there, as far as I know. There is a Holland America itinerary which tender at St. George's but it still docks in Hamilton.

Regardless of port or cruiseline, inexpensive bus and ferry passes are still available in Bermuda, and another tour option is to hire a taxi at $40 per hour (3 hour minimum I believe) and have the driver recommend a tour route.

NCL Spirit will be on a repositioning cruise from NOLA to Boston and stop in Hamilton for 1 day.

The 2010 Bermuda Cruise Ship Schedule has the Norwegian Spirit anchored in Great Sound on 4/21 from 8:00A to 5:30P. Other ships arriving or departing Bermuda on 4/21: the MSC Poesia departs Kings Wharf; the Norwegian Dawn arrives at Heritage Wharf ; Fred Olsen's Braemar is in Hamilton for one day, 4/21.

SBtS

The 2010 Bermuda Cruise Ship Schedule has the Norwegian Spirit anchored in Great Sound on 4/21 from 8:00A to 5:30P. Other ships arriving or departing Bermuda on 4/21: the MSC Poesia departs Kings Wharf; the Norwegian Dawn arrives at Heritage Wharf ; Fred Olsen's Braemar is in Hamilton for one day, 4/21.

SBtS

Can you provide a link to the 2010 schedule? I keep searching for it but haven't found it.

Here it is: http://www.gov.bm/portal/server..pt/components/com_joomlalib/standalone/?open=512&objID=282&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

It is located just to the right of the picture of the Fort George (????).

When I posted the reply below, the schedule was last updated to 1/16. When I went to get the link, the schedule is updated to 3/10. The one change I could find was that FO's Braemar is no longer scheduled for Hamilton on 4/21.

SBtS

Here it is: http://www.gov.bm/portal/server..pt/components/com_joomlalib/standalone/?open=512&objID=282&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

It is located just to the right of the picture of the Fort George (????).

When I posted the reply below, the schedule was last updated to 1/16. When I went to get the link, the schedule is updated to 3/10. The one change I could find was that FO's Braemar is no longer scheduled for Hamilton on 4/21.

SBtS

Maybe the Spirit won't have to anchor at Grassy Bay.

Archived