size of rooms on Imagination

kimberlym4

I'm seeing lots of pics of the rooms on other ships. They look much bigger than I had imagined. I've sailed on RCCL in the past and the rooms I'm seeing here are much bigger. But I'm wondering if it's because I'm seeing pics of balcony rooms and suites. We will have a simple outside cabin. Does anyone have pics of that or even just a floor plan of what those rooms on the Imagination look like? Thanks.

I can't seem to find much info on the Imagination in general...so anything you want to say about it would be welcome!

I don't have pics, but I know that inside rooms are usually 185 s.f., and oceanview rooms can be 220 s.f. But the deck plan makes it look like the upper deck's oceanview rooms in the front are smaller, maybe 185. On other ships with regular balcony rooms, those are 185 with a 35 balcony for 220 total. Carnival rooms are bigger than most other cruiselines. RCCL inside rooms are usually 160 s.f. That 25 extra feet Carnival gives you (or 60 feet with an oceanview) can look like alot. These are estimates. Variations can result with the contours of the ship, and the more unusually placed or shaped rooms. There are 8 Fantasy class ships, so you can research all of them to get better ideas, but rooms are designed very similar across the different classes.

I don't have pics, but I know that inside rooms are usually 185 s.f., and oceanview rooms can be 220 s.f. But the deck plan makes it look like the upper deck's oceanview rooms in the front are smaller, maybe 185. On other ships with regular balcony rooms, those are 185 with a 35 balcony for 220 total. Carnival rooms are bigger than most other cruiselines. RCCL inside rooms are usually 160 s.f. That 25 extra feet Carnival gives you (or 60 feet with an oceanview) can look like alot. These are estimates. Variations can result with the contours of the ship, and the more unusually placed or shaped rooms. There are 8 Fantasy class ships, so you can research all of them to get better ideas, but rooms are designed very similar across the different classes.

Even the outside cabins on the Fantasy class ships are 185 sq ft.

I forget what classes of ships have the 220 sq ft outside cabins. I was on Triumph and I know they had them.

Bill

Even the outside cabins on the Fantasy class ships are 185 sq ft.

I forget what classes of ships have the 220 sq ft outside cabins. I was on Triumph and I know they had them.

Bill

Do you know where we can go to find out square footage on rooms? I get mixed reports. I've heard before that all rooms, except suites, are 185. But I know from my own experience that's not true. I had one inside that was about the 185, but my 2 outside cabins on the old Celebration were bigger, probably the 220, than their insides. My 1A on the Fantasy class was about 160, and my other 1A probably wasn't even 150. Fantasy class deck plans do make the 1As look smaller than inside rooms, but the outside rooms look bigger than insides. Of course, we can't trust that the deck plan is to scale. I just can't seem to find anywhere that tells us for sure what the room sizes are.

Do you know where we can go to find out square footage on rooms? I get mixed reports. I've heard before that all rooms, except suites, are 185. But I know from my own experience that's not true. I had one inside that was about the 185, but my 2 outside cabins on the old Celebration were bigger, probably the 220, than their insides. My 1A on the Fantasy class was about 160, and my other 1A probably wasn't even 150. Fantasy class deck plans do make the 1As look smaller than inside rooms, but the outside rooms look bigger than insides. Of course, we can't trust that the deck plan is to scale. I just can't seem to find anywhere that tells us for sure what the room sizes are.

cruisedeckplans.com shows insides and OVs both as being 185 s.f. they look smaller to me than a 220 s.f. OV on Conquest. They show a average size, as there are exceptions, cabins that are not quite the quoted size. I had a exception on the back of Triumph, was supposed to be 220 s.f .. but clearly was smaller than the cabin next to me and smaller than 220 s.f.

Archived