No More Chocolates?

John&John

We made sure to tip out steward well at the start of the week and told her to 'make sure the turndown service was nice'. She really came through, every night we had a shot of JB and a Virginia Slim waiting on out pillows......Better than chocolate.

My Partner and I just returned from a eight night cruise on Carnival

Miracle. We got chocolates on our bed very night.

FYI: On the Coral Princess, we stayed in a suite and got petit fours

every afternoon. Personally, we are both watching our weight (and

sugar levels) and could gladly do without the additional sweets.

• 3 weeks later...
According to our room steward two weeks ago on the Freedom this is a test on the Freedom only.

Hopefully they will bring them back. We did complain on our comment card.

- We were on the Valor the week of March 21st and we did not have the chocolates. We were very disappointed. It's the small things that bring a smile to us. Not that we ate every piece of chocolate on the ship. The ones we didn't, we took home.

- Anyone remember the picture of the ship that was given out the last night at dinner? Gone

- Glad we're gonna be platinum this year so we can get the pins again.

- The soda "card" has been replaced with a soda "sticker" attached to the sail & sign card (although the price has gone up from our August 2009 cruise to the one we took in March).

Just some examples of the cutbacks that we experienced. Again, may be insignificant to some people, but we looked forward to them.

I definitely liked the gesture of leaving a piece of chocolate on my pillow, but the chocolate itself wasn't very good, so we just threw it in a drawer, took it home and gave it to our neighbor's kids.

We will miss the gesture, but the chocolate isn't any great loss, particularly since we always bring a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises ... now THAT is some yummy bedtime snack!

This is unbelievable!!! We specifically asked at the Customer Relations desk and they told us the chocolates have been discontinued!:mad:

I think I read on another post that once the ship runs out of chocolates than it will end on that ship:confused:

They're just Andes Mints a little over a dollar at the grocery store. Bring some with you and get over it. Too much good stuff to look forward to on a cruise to get in a tansy over mints. :)

Just not the same:p

LOL...my kids thought they left butter packets on the pillows the first night! Anywho....I'm sure WE won't be seeing any type of decrease in the price. I don't care about the nightly piece of chocolate but I what I would love to see is the midnight chocolate buffet brought back.

I was reading over some of the Freedom reviews and a few different reviews commented that the chocolates left on your bed during turn down service were discontinued.

We had chocolates on the Glory 10 days ago.

Anyone know?:confused:

Room Stewards have a big Black Market going in the islands for pillow chocolates.:rolleyes::eek:

This is unbelievable!!! We specifically asked at the Customer Relations desk and they told us the chocolates have been discontinued!:mad:

I think we will miss them more psychologically than physically. It is a gesture that makes us feel warm and fuzzy. The chocolate on the pillow told customers that Carnival really went out of their way to make sure we felt like special guests. When you take away those little things, it takes away the personal touch that so many Carnival customers have come to appreciate and expect. :)

While I do like chocolate, I am very fussy about it. I only like the very best of it. At the very least I like it plain, without flavoring or nuts etc. The last few years I remember a square chocolate, ( mint flavored ? ) I dont really remember because I ate one, and then for the rest of the week they piled up on the vanity. So I am one who wont miss "those" chocolates. However.....I do like the idea of a chocolate on the pillow, just make it a good one!:)

I think we will miss them more psychologically than physically. It is a gesture that makes us feel warm and fuzzy. The chocolate on the pillow told customers that Carnival really went out of their way to make sure we felt like special guests. When you take away those little things, it takes away the personal touch that so many Carnival customers have come to appreciate and expect. :)

Thank you for saying this so well. This is exactly why we were disappointed. It's not the "chocolates" it's the gesture. ;)

They probably thought it was a fitting answer for someone who could be bothered to traipse all the way the the CR desk to complain about a couple of missing chocolates. :cool:

Archived