Cost of taxi from ship to venice airport

beachfollower

Anyone know the cost of the taxi to the airport when leaving the ship in Venice? I prefer not taking the Princess transport if a taxi is more reasonably priced and not too much of a hassle to deal with.

Thanks, Lyn

see http://www.europeforvisitors.com/venice A water taxi from the cruise terminal isn't particularly practical. A land taxi should be E30-40

I agree, from port to airport (or vice versa) you would take a regular land taxi. Expect to pay about 30 Euros although, like most things in Italy, it is negotiable. Water taxis to and from the airport are practical from most hotels (except near the Piazale Roma) but those water taxis are very pricy and the dock at the airport is a pretty long walk from the terminal.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

I will be spending an additional 2 days in Venice post cruise. Don't want to have to deal with ship transfers. What is the best way to get from the ship to St Marks Square? I am staying at a hotel that is supposedly about 100 yards from there. Are there taxis or a shuttle or something waiting or does one have to call and reserve one in advance?

http://www.alilaguna.it/lineamarrone-eng.html

Alilaguna has a direct line to-from the ship's terminal and St Mark's Square, we plan to take it the opposite way when we leave our hotel to go to the cruise ship in May

Thanks. I had read that once and had forgotten it. My very first cruise I used the line's transfers and never again. Ya gotta learn on your own the first time but now I try to opt for whatever public transportation there may be around a port.

Any good suggestions of land taxi companies.. Tks

It really should not be an issue. All the taxis are licensed and there will be a taxi queue at the airport and the port. You just get the next taxi in line just like at home.

Hank

I now remember my question regarding the alilaguna. Paperwork shows debarkation (Ruby) in Venice begins at 5am (and it will definitely be there because we dock overnight) and the alilaguna site shows service beginning 8:35 am. I know it takes a while to clear a ship so is it feasible to think I can hang around on the ship the 3 1/2 hours to be able to use that as transportation to St Mark's Square? Or should I consider another option?

You should be fine, in my experience, even when they begin letting passengers off at 5 AM, they don't force the last folks off until about 8:30 or 9:00 AM. Therefore, you should be fine. Sleep in, have breakfast, chill.

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping/thinking that'd be the case. Last cruise I took they began letting people off the ship at about 8am and it seems to me about 3 hours later our group was finally called. Not needing to make any transportation connections I am never in a huge rush to leave - makes it much more stress free than having to worry about catching a flight home the same day!

Archived