Walmart & Sam's Club in PV

Patti K

Has anyone ever gone in to Walmart or Sam's in PV? If so, do they sell wine/beer?

When we were there in 2008 we found lots of red wine to pick from, not as much white, but my husband said he would be able to find something. We did not look at beer. This was at the Walmart.

Always take your Sam's club card when traveling in Mexico. If nothing else you can get in to use the bathrooms. We took a bus in Mazatlan and stopped at one to use their bathroom. They may ask you to check your backpack when you enter.

We went to the Sam's club in PV and looked at booze and didn't think the prices were that good.

We went to the Sam's club in PV and looked at booze and didn't think the prices were that good.

Me either, maybe I was expecting too much.:D

I still have not found a place anywhere that can beat the prices inside the terminals in San Juan.

Mike:)

I wandered around the PV Walmart when we were there 4 years ago because I was curious on prices for various everyday things. I have to say, considering all the news about companies moving to Mexico and paying their people such small wages, I don't know how anyone could afford to shop there.

When I stopped there a few years ago, I found it very amusing to see all the familier labels on products, but written in Spanish. So even though I couldn't translate, I knew what I was buying based upon the shape & the lable itself.

Also, while in one aisle, I asked, what I perceived to be, an American (or at the least, an English speaking person), where I could find a specific item & she was able to tell me and even provided a couple tips on what I was looking for.

Plus it's really convienent; right across the street from the dock.

Archived