Specail things on the Legend?

judyf

I've been reading about the Chocolate buffets on some ships and on one ship we had the sushi buffet. I've read some ships have deli's and some ice cream stations.

For those of you in the know, what's special on the Legend? Things we should know and not miss?

Thanks

Judy, don't miss the following:

Christopher Alan Graves - Singing with the Big Band show

Mike Lawless - Billie's Piano Bar (although I think his contract is up before you sail)

Percy - great bartender in Billie's

Dinner at least one night at the Golden Fleece (figure out a good night before you go and book early as they only take 100 reservations per night)

Watching sailaway from the aft lido deck pool - http://community.webshots.com/photo/253604682/253624133Rpdyup

I thought I would ask this question in the same thread.

I've read about secret doors to go out to the front of the ships. Like a secret balcony for us that have inside cabins. Is there such a thing on the Legend?

Also is there any special buffets as on other cruises?

Thanks for any and all tips!

I would also love to know if there is some ballroom/swing type palces to dance on the Legend!! I am booked for the 5/29/05 (anyone else??) and will be traveling alone so I am trying to get as much info ahead of time as possible on the best places to have a good time!

Thanks so much.. everyone is always so helpful here! :-)

Denyce

5/29/05 Carnival Legend

Don't miss the ICE CREAM TOPPINGS (from 3 to 5pm on SEA DAYS) - aft lido pool area...

choc chips

crushed butterfinger

hot fudge

strawberries

etc.....

Tom

Do they just do that on the Legend. Because I never saw it on any other cruises, and I always wondered if they offered toppings. Also, do they tell you this in the capers.

I would also love to know if there is some ballroom/swing type palces to dance on the Legend!! I am booked for the 5/29/05 (anyone else??) and will be traveling alone so I am trying to get as much info ahead of time as possible on the best places to have a good time!

Thanks so much.. everyone is always so helpful here! :-)

Denyce

5/29/05 Carnival Legend

Danyce, I thing most of the CCL ship do. I've seen some great dancing at the captains party and past guests party. I also "think" I've read that they have classes too but not sure.

Do they just do that on the Legend. Because I never saw it on any other cruises, and I always wondered if they offered toppings. Also, do they tell you this in the capers.

My guess is mainly on SPIRIT class vessels - for some odd reason..

Check out this link for more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=119502

Tom

DH and I were on the Legend last year (same cruise as StevenCindy above). We are avid ballroom dancers and there was one lounge that played music (sorry I can't remember which lounge but it was the one where people got tender tickets) that was definitely dancable (such as swing and cha, cha).

Also the nightclub had various themes throughout the week. They had a latin night, that was a lot of fun, 80's night etc.

We thought their dance lessons were horrible but then we've dancing for 13 years. We just took lessons in salsa, such fun!!

• 4 months later...

We just returned from the Legend. They gave free swing lessons. Not that i'm a big dancer, but I already knew the basics which is what they focused on. The band in Satchmo's lounge was good for dancing.

Can't wait to go again.

Archived