how early can you get onboard?

The Dragon

Hi,

we're sailing from Southampton on the Grand at the end fo May. The scheduled start of boarding is at 1pm. If we want to be on the boat as soon as poss what time should we arrive? I've heard stories of people getting on really quite early.

Could someone let me know what good time to arrive at the port would be?

warm thanks

Hannah

Hi,

we're sailing from Southampton on the Grand at the end fo May. The scheduled start of boarding is at 1pm. If we want to be on the boat as soon as poss what time should we arrive? I've heard stories of people getting on really quite early.

Could someone let me know what good time to arrive at the port would be?

warm thanks

Hannah[/quote

We got to the ship around 1 pm and started the boarding process, no long waits, but I would imagine each port is different. I talked to a passanger that got on our ship a 11 am.

hmlwilliams, are you going on the 22 may?

When I sail frm southampton I normally get there for around 1pm and there is no q. :)

No, we're on the 29th May sailing.

Will they let people on just as soon as they have cleared the vessel and cleaned up? Or will they wait until an allotted time?

many thanks

Hannah

Will they let people on just as soon as they have cleared the vessel and cleaned up? Or will they wait until an allotted time?
Princess waits until all the cabins have been cleaned and ready for passengers when they board so you can go directly to your cabin and start your vacation. There's no going to the pool area or a lounge to sit and wait with all your "stuff" before being allowed to go to your cabin.

Last July, we were picked up at our hotel in London just after 9am and were in Southampton just after 10:30am. We checked in and boarded right away. There were almost no lines; longest line was going through Security.

Archived