Meet and Greet for 18-20?

spittler

I've heard conflicting things on this from people coming off of Princess ships. Does anybody have recent Patters from Caribbean cruises that can check if Princess has been offering any Meet and Greets for those who are between 18 and 20? It seems as though Princess has experimented with it in the past, but I'm curious to know, or at least have an idea, if one will be offered on my CB cruise this summer out of NYC. I'll be 19 and would like to have a chance to meet some others my age since it will be the first cruise that I'm too old for the Teen Center. Thanks! :D

I'm guessing that maybe they'll have a young singles party if there is a significant number onboard. Perhaps on the comments you've seen, there was just a limited number of that age group on those cruises, especially if during the times that college kids would be in school.

Maybe you can leave the CD a note (at the passenger services desk) when you first get onboard asking if there's going to be a meeting for your age group. (he or she will probably get a tally of how many in an age group are onboard as the corporate office will know from the birthdates, but if the CD doesn't think of this, a note from you might remind him).

Sometimes the Cruise staff will check the ages of passengers and put on a 18-21 gathering. They will certainly arrange one (or some) if you ask either the CD or the DCD. If you go to the Pursers Desk you can explain and ask them to page so you can speak to one or the other personally (First try the DCD who is the scheduler and more likely closer to your age)which can be more effective than a note in getting early action.

They offer singles meets for 21 an up.

Yea exactly, I was aware of this from my old Patters, I was just wondering if they have been offering any sort of get-together for 18-20's. I'm not looking for a date or anything like that, I'd just like to have a chance to meet some people my age to hang out with during the week.

Yea exactly, I was aware of this from my old Patters, I was just wondering if they have been offering any sort of get-together for 18-20's. I'm not looking for a date or anything like that, I'd just like to have a chance to meet some people my age to hang out with during the week.

Yes they do sometimes - did you see my post #5

News to me, I have only seen the 21 meets.

It would be great if they do.

We were on the Golden over Christmas/New Years and it was my DD's first cruise as an 18 year old. She too was very worried about meeting people since the teen club was always a great way to meet others. On our cruise they had something called "The Gray Zone" which was specifically for the 18-20 year olds. They had the initial get together in the patter, and then if you showed up you received a schedule of events, There was typically one scheduled get together during the day and another at night (often at Skywalkers). If you weren't looking for this group you probably would not have noticed since it was not usually listed in the Patters. It was organized by a deputy cruise director.

The previous year we were on the Crown in the Caribbean and they too had get togethers specifically for that age group. Not sure what they called it because DD was still in the teen group back then.

Keep your eyes out for something in the Patters and if you don't see something the day you get on the ship definitely go ask.

We were on the Golden over Christmas/New Years and it was my DD's first cruise as an 18 year old. She too was very worried about meeting people since the teen club was always a great way to meet others. On our cruise they had something called "The Gray Zone" which was specifically for the 18-20 year olds. They had the initial get together in the patter, and then if you showed up you received a schedule of events, There was typically one scheduled get together during the day and another at night (often at Skywalkers). If you weren't looking for this group you probably would not have noticed since it was not usually listed in the Patters. It was organized by a deputy cruise director.

The previous year we were on the Crown in the Caribbean and they too had get togethers specifically for that age group. Not sure what they called it because DD was still in the teen group back then.

Keep your eyes out for something in the Patters and if you don't see something the day you get on the ship definitely go ask.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response, this makes me feel a little better. I'm still planning on trying to talk to the DCD once I get onboard, but that's good news that they have had programs somewhat recently!

And this may be an obvious duh for you, but check in on your roll call, if you haven't already. You may find others who are in that age group, especially since you're sailing in July. I took the same cruise as you in July a few summers ago and there were several 18-20s on our roll call -- actually, so many that they had their own separate roll call! Have fun!

And this may be an obvious duh for you, but check in on your roll call, if you haven't already. You may find others who are in that age group, especially since you're sailing in July. I took the same cruise as you in July a few summers ago and there were several 18-20s on our roll call -- actually, so many that they had their own separate roll call! Have fun!

I agree, I had the same oh duh, moment and came back to suggest the same thing. Even if they are not posting, they may be traveling with someone who is.

Great idea. I will post again in the roll call once we get some more people in it and see if I can connect with anyone.

Archived