Thomson Dream / Europa repaired

Costa Europa left Sharm this morning for Palermo. The images from her webcams earlier today are below. She is making 18 knots.

Hi, Thank you for those, the only cam links I can find show her on 11th March 3.50 p.m..

Berwyn

Thats right, the webcam images are from yesterday with the position in the gulf of Suez heading north. Maybe she will be in todays northbound convoy as at 18 knots she would have got to Suez around midnight.

Great news she is on her way, I am joining the ship soon as one of the officers on board so I am so pleased to hear that she is on her way to dry dock and it is good that you are all so excited. I am pleased and shall keep you all updated :)

hi,

Thank you for your information and updates. DW and I are really looking forward to sailing on her. We just hope the weather in that part of Europe does a dramatic improvement quickly.

Berwyn

I thought they said they were just going to do a temporary repair in Sharm and then take her back to Europe for a full repair. Sorry, but don't want you all getting your hopes up too high.

Hi,

She has a top speed of 22 knots and has been cruising along nicely at 18. Not a bad temporary patch job.

Apart from the hole in the hull, there will be plenty of work for them in Palermo in sorting out the damage inside and drying it out.

At least things are looking brighter for us 1st cruisers aboard her.

Berwyn

wonderful, this is all looking good. in some ways it is still along way off, just under 6 weeks, but in others very soo, especially with a major repair to the ship, repainting, sea trials, the hand over . etc.

On top of that i travel down from edinburgh to london with ba the night before. Hope there are no strikes then!

Also i am in the midst of packing up my house /and business and moving . Out of here 1st, not into new place till 6th. homeless! will just do a bit of a tour and visit friends till i have a home again

Hi,

I think if she can go along steadily at 18 knots the hull is O.K.

It looks like the work in Palermo will be interior, apart from checking that the hull is fine.

They will still have nearly a month to sort her before the handover to Thomson's is due. Theoretically they could repaint the funnel and change the name at the same time as they are doing the other work on her.

With all that stuff going on in your life you definitely need a holiday :) and more than a week too

Berwyn

Archived