What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it?

steveaaaaa

just buy the cheapie wine with the screw-on top and replace that. :p

great idea!!!!!! you send two in the checked luggage and two in carryon ( assuming theres 2 people in the cabin and you are good to go!) nice!!!!!

Edited by mlzangel78

In Baltimore, security took my wine out of the socks that we had them in to protect them and probably spent 30 seconds or more examining each bottle. I don't know what they were looking for but I had to assume that they were looking to make sure that the seals were intact and that the contents had not been replaced with something flammable.

Like gasoline :eek: ... or scotch :D.

hb5

In Baltimore, security took my wine out of the socks that we had them in to protect them and probably spent 30 seconds or more examining each bottle. I don't know what they were looking for but I had to assume that they were looking to make sure that the seals were intact and that the contents had not been replaced with something flammable.

Like gasoline :eek: ... or scotch :D.

hb5

Ship security?? Hmmm I've never had that happen.

last year on my first cruise (on Norwegian) they were really cracking down on everyone. Someone took water bottles and poked a hole in the bottom, drain the water out, refilled it with vodka, and hot glued the hole back up (so the top was still sealed and looked like it had never been tampered with). Just by shaking the bottles for a second security could tell it was vodka and took it away. Luckily they didn't find my strategically placed bottle of vodka :D i'm sure it didn't hurt that my underwear was right on top making the security man quite uncomfortable to dig through it!! :p

Just buy the cheapie wine with the screw-on top and replace that. :p

Never buy cheap wine just to pour it out! Buy good wine, drink it and enjoy it then reuse the bottle to smuggle. If you carefully slice the band going around the top of the bottle, you can carefully reglue it to the bottle after refilling it. If security saw cheap wine in your bag, he/she might get suspicious.

What if I replaced wine with booze and recorked it? And put a shrink sleeve around the neck of the bottle?

Steve

Don't want that new xray machine to get me.:D

Nice! But don't forget, if the seal is seen to be broken in anyway they confiscate and toss, if seal is not broken they hold it for you! ken

Nice! But don't forget, if the seal is seen to be broken in anyway they confiscate and toss, if seal is not broken they hold it for you! ken

I believe I can carry the wine right into my cabin as long as the seal is not broken or at least appears that way.:D

Steve

I haven't seen this question or answer yet....how would you get the cork back into the bottle? I've never been able to get a cork all the way back into a bottle after opening it :confused: Of note, we were advised by the sommelier at our wine store that many of even the top end wines are going to screw off tops due to a cork shortage.

I haven't seen this question or answer yet....how would you get the cork back into the bottle? I've never been able to get a cork all the way back into a bottle after opening it :confused: Of note, we were advised by the sommelier at our wine store that many of even the top end wines are going to screw off tops due to a cork shortage.

I have new corks and they are in these sealed packets that are severely shrink wrapped. I assume they are sucked in and when opened they slowly expand possibly when they come in contact with liquid.I will try one later to see.

Steve

I have new corks and they are in these sealed packets that are severely shrink wrapped. I assume they are sucked in and when opened they slowly expand possibly when they come in contact with liquid.I will try one later to see.

Steve

Heh...in the "things I never knew existed" column. Interesting.

Just preparing.Some people have a packing list, I have a got to get the booze on mission.

Steve

I noticed the other day that a 20 oz bottle of water will slide in side the tube that Lays stackers come in,

what if i filled the bottle with vodka, or what ever, then put it in the tube, reglued the foil and packed it in the luggage?

What happens if they start catching people really trying to smuggle booze on like this, changing bottles, and packages, would this cause bigger problems that could effect your going on the cruise, or tsa, homeland type of problems?