Teenagers on Golden Princess (Alaska) Inside Passage 6/12/2010

debates2

I sail with my sons (12 & 16) and we're booked on the Golden Princess (6/12/2010). My teenage son is concerned that there won't be as many teenagers on board to hang out with compared to previous trips to Nassau or Cozumel on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. What is your experience?

My younger son is also concerned that he won't be able to swim because of the colder environment. Did I miss the boat on booking this trip? :)

Don

Is the Golden still going out of Vancouver or was it one of the ships changed to Seattle departures? Mid June last year I probably saw no more than 15 kids of all ages, toddlers to teens. Doesn't mean they weren't there and out of my sight, of course. I just didn't see them! Schools all across the states and Canada get out at different times. It used to really annoy me that kids I knew in Pennsylvanis got out at the end of May. I'm in BC and schools are still in session that week. Hardly anyone was in the outside pool but that more had to do with the weather. Temperatures in Alaska in June are cold, still be in the 50's, maybe 60 if you get a sunny day. Also rained about half the time. The ones mainly using the pool were of the hardy type under 12 years old! I'm sure your boys will still find lots of things to do and there probably will be a few other passengers their age.

we have taken this same trip at about the same dates 3 times and there are always kids for my teens to connect with.

Also Golden has an indoor pool so your younger son will be able to swim even if the weather is cool outside. :)

My teens enjoyed the Alaskan cruise, but I had to remind them that it will be very different than a Caribbean cruise. There often aren't as many kids, but they will have fun all the same. Choose family friendly excursions and they won't miss the snorkeling, etc..

Archived