How do I upgrade room from the website?

sallymomo

Hello All,

Newbie here...well new to Carnival...not to cruising.;)

Anyways, we just booked a cruise for the summer and I noticed that when I am logged in on the Carnival website, there is no place where it states how much the total price of the cruise was and how much deposit we paid. Even after booking the cruise directly from the Carnival website, we never got an email or snail mail confirming we paid a deposit on the cruise.

Is that normal? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Also, right after we booking, we noticed that the price of the cruise jumped. Currently we are booked in Cat 4B and looking at the new prices online, it shows that to upgrade from a 4B to Oceanview would only be $2.86 a day. NOw my question is...would that deal be available to me even though I have booked? Also, where on the website do i get the option to upgrade my room?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello All,

Newbie here...well new to Carnival...not to cruising.;)

Anyways, we just booked a cruise for the summer and I noticed that when I am logged in on the Carnival website, there is no place where it states how much the total price of the cruise was and how much deposit we paid. Even after booking the cruise directly from the Carnival website, we never got an email or snail mail confirming we paid a deposit on the cruise.

Also, right after we booking, we noticed that the price of the cruise jumped. Currently we are booked in Cat 4B and looking at the new prices online, it shows that to upgrade from a 4B to Oceanview would only be $2.86 a day. NOw my question is...would that deal be available to me even though I have booked? Also, where on the website do i get the option to upgrade my room?

Any help would be appreciated.

If the price jumped ... how can it only be $2.86 (so times the number of days of your cruise) ... or do you mean from TODAYS current price its that much to upgrade... you have to figure it from what you paid, not from the current price of your cabin.

If you are logged into your booking (i.e. you added it to your profile and then clicked on your booking) since you booked directly with Carnival ..there will be a modify booking button on the bottom of the left hand side... click on that ...it will show what you are paying and your deposit.

Ok so i called them, it seems that since the price jumped I would get a Ocean view guarantee for 300 bucks more. The 2.86 is the price from the higher 4B rates (which is now 899, we booked for 679)

Anyways, she did say that if the price does go back to 679 then going to Oceanview would be cheaper...so I will keep checking the prices everyday to see if it goes down.

Even after booking the cruise directly from the Carnival website, we never got an email or snail mail confirming we paid a deposit on the cruise.

For some odd reason Carnival does not send an email conformation after you book on the Carnival website. In a few days you'll probably get an email "Your Cruise Countdown Begins Today". But that just has booking number, ship, etc. No specific pricing info.

You can find the info you are asking about on the Carnival website. First log into Carnival.com.

-Near the top middle of the screen you will see "My Cruise". Move your cursor over that and a box will pop up. Click on "View cruise details".

-On the new screen that displays look on the left side for "MANAGE BOOKINGS". Click and that you'll see three choices.

-Click on "Modify Booking". That brings up the page that shows your cruise fare, taxes/fees, how much is still due and final payment due date.

It also lets you edit some aspects of your booking (dining time, add airfare, contact info, etc. It used to let you also change cabin category or cabin within a category but that doesn't seem to be available anymore. They must want people to call for changing cabins.

Archived