Best Fares?

cruisintwinsmom

Don't bother with bestfares. Sign up for Travelocity's Fare Watcher and/or Orbitz's Fare Watcher. Both are FREE!. You pick the airports you want to fly in/out of, give a date range, and the amount you'd like to pay (reasonable) You will get an email when the fare drops below the rate you choose for the itinerary you chose. did that make sense? It's really easy.

Example: I put in 2 of my local airports to Miami, Fort Laud. & Orlando & $150/pp RT thru Dec. 05. I get emails whenever the fares drop below the $150. It works GREAT! Don't book thru them just go to the airlines website. :)

I snagged my $128/pp roundtrip this way! :D

Also check ATAsoftware.com for comparison prices on different airlines.

HTH

~Lurker

4merLurker:

I see you are in Jersey. Are you by chance flying out of Newark? A friend of mine who is going on my cruise in May is trying, so far without success, to find reasonable airfare from Newark to Fort Lauderdale. He would greatly prefer not flying out of NYC. So far, the cheapest he has found is like $280 pp.

David ~ Actually we are flying out of LaGuardia (NY) to FLL paying $128 pp/RT nonstop. I know most jerseyans hate the NY airports but honestly LGA is not bad! Where in Jersey is your friend? I'm in Middlesex County and LGA is about 1 hour away (with little/no Traffic). Newark is about 1/2 hour. It's worth it to us because we are a family of 5 so the tix can really add up:eek:

Good luck to your friend!

~Lurker

OOOPS! thanks spi_rick! it is itasoftware.com :o

David, If I knew that................I'd be a billionare! LOL:D I would have to say just keep checking and when you find a fare you can live with GRAB IT! 'Cause it WONT be there tomorrow!

Good Luck!

~Lurker

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Bestfares several times: once I got a killer price Oakland to Charlotte for $149 roundtrip. Charlotte is not one of the "biggees" for great airfare.

I bought my son his air ticket to London last summer and got a great price.

I just bought our tickets roundtrip LAX - Barcelona, including a 2 night hotel stopover in London for next October. My travel agent said the price was about the same as just the airfare alone roundtrip to Barcelona, so I grabbed the two-nighter in London.

I think if you use them more than once a year, then the membership fee is worth it. I subscribe to their email newsletter, and then go search them first before I look anywhere else. Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheaptickets, etc. couldn't match the fly-n-stay price I just paid.

Do you need to join them to get good fares? I noticed that on their non member fares, they seemed pretty cheap. I am watching for Lax to Miami . The posted fares seem to be cheaper than all the other web sites unless I am wrong. Has anyone used them without being a member?

Yes, you can use them without joining. They are actually just a travel agency. However, the member only fares, if they look REALLY cheap, can only be purchased with a membership. What that gets you is the phone number to call for that promo, and the promo code, too.

I always check their fares for where ever I'm flying. I don't always use them, but they are in my top picks. I also check the others: airgorilla, expedia, travelocity, orbitz, priceline (if I can be flexible), cheaptickets.

The airlines themselves SOMETIMES are cheaper, but not always. So, if I find a good fare on another site, I'll go price the specific airline on their web site for that same flight. I've shaved off the $10 booking fee by going directly to the airline a few times. But, sometimes they don't always have the lowest. Just a little shopping around.

Lurker:

My friend is in Garfield, so I think he is pretty close to NYC...he just HATES flying out of either airport!

Do you think anything reasonable will open up from Newark to FLL? We cruise on May 14.

We are from marlboro, and are palnning to travel on Dec 24th..HOLIDAY!!!!...returning on Jan 1. The airlines raise the rates..Continental. So we are going to JFK, Song..155 rt. We are a group of 9 so we really saved!

Archived