Celebrity Solstice June 27, 2010

neilrr

Hello Everyone!!!

My Partner and I just booked the Celebrity Solstice out of Ft. Lauderdale on 6/27/10. We are avid cruisers and wanted to see if anyone else (family) is on-board this cruise. We look forward to meeting other cruisers.

Neil & Jerry:)

• 1 month later...

My partner kevin and i just booked this cruise today - we were on the solstice last summer - it is a great ship - cant wait to get onboard again- the martini ice bar was a great place to go before dinner - looking forward to hearing from you - take care - mark

My partner kevin and i just booked this cruise today - we were on the solstice last summer - it is a great ship - cant wait to get onboard again- the martini ice bar was a great place to go before dinner - looking forward to hearing from you - take care - mark

Hello Kevin and Mark - m&K -- Good to hear from you. We hear the Martini Bar is great and look forward to seeing it. We have travelled on Celebrity many times and this will be our first on an "S" Class ship. We are very excited. Glad to hear you had a great time on Solstice last year..

I see you are from Bucks County, PA. We use to live in Yardley for 8 1/2 years and spent many a night at the Raven in New Hope.

Please come join the roll call under Celebrity Solstice for June 27, 2010 as we had a lot of fun on our cruise last month and this one will be just as much fun and we had several gay couples. In that group we had 95 people from cruise critic including Host Joe and his Partner Kirk. The Martini Bar on Millennium looked like the bar at the Raven.:p We are setting up a sailaway party and a couple of other things with the group. Hope you will join us..

We look forward to meeting you both.

Neil & Jerry

Hi Howie - hope all is well - Kevin and I were on the Solstice last summer - we had a great time - we were on board with pied-piper so there were 15 couples on board and we met five other gay couples that were not part of our group - the ship is great - plently of room - we never felt crowded at all - the ship is new so everything was still in great condition- celebrity seems to be always gay friendly - just head to the martini bar - hope you join the cruise -

neil and jerry - i will try to find the thread for the ship roll call - i did not see it under the special interest section in board - does that included everyone from cruise critic that is going on this cruise

hey neil, jerry and mark. i've been on over 50 cruises, and my bf and i are seriously considerding booking this cruise. what can you tell me about the ship and it's atmosphere for gay cruisers.

regards,

howie

cookspencer - Howie - It would be great if you could join us. We love Celebrity and always have a great time. As Kevin and Mark said, the ship is a year old and we have heard it is just beautiful. Service and food have alaways been very good to excellent. I am the ringleader of the 6/27/10 Solstice group and had several fun activities for the cruise critic members on our cruise on Millennium last month (check out the last few reviews of Millie). We are also Elite members of Captain's Club and the perks are really nice incl. a free cocktail hour 4-6PM, free internet 90 mins pp, free laundry. etc... Take a look at the link of pictures I posted to Solstice in the regualr Roll Call. Celebrity does get a gay crowd. We had a wonderful time with all of the people straight and gay...

We hope you can join us..

neil and jerry - I will try to find the thread for the ship roll call - I did not see it under the special interest section in board - does that included everyone from cruise critic that is going on this cruise

M&K - Mark - Yes, the regular roll call (with everyone on our cruise) is under Roll Call "Celebrity" and then select the ship "Solstice" and look for the Roll Call - 06/27/10 . Be careful as there is a second roll call; same date (someone set up inadvertently and only has a couple of posts). I am trying to get rid of it. The Special Interest area does not include the general roll call info. There is a wealth of information on Cruise Critic including port information, food info, etc.. I posted a link of pictures of Solstice under the regular roll call -- I think you will like what you see...

Take care and speak to you soon...

Neil & Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Niel and Jerry - Kevin and I are looking forward to meeting you onboard- Celebrity should have a LGBT get together on the first or second night- we heard you have to check on the bulletin board now at front desk to find out if there is a LGBT get together since they are not posting it anymore in the daily cruise paper - if not we are usually at martini bar before dinner - we have second seating at 8:30 - so we we usually are there around 7:30 - 7:45pm- Kev is 6'3 and I am 5'7 so you should be able to spot us - I also have a very short crew cut- ok see you onboard - peace - Mark and Kevin

Neil and Jerry - Kevin and I are looking forward to meeting you onboard- Celebrity should have a LGBT get together on the first or second night- we heard you have to check on the bulletin board now at front desk to find out if there is a LGBT get together since they are not posting it anymore in the daily cruise paper - if not we are usually at martini bar before dinner - we have second seating at 8:30 - so we we usually are there around 7:30 - 7:45pm- Kev is 6'3 and I am 5'7 so you should be able to spot us - I also have a very short crew cut- ok see you onboard - peace - Mark and Kevin

m&k - Mark and Kevin - Good to hear from you. We were wondering what happened to you guys. We have a great group set up under the regular roll call section and are meeting at the Mast Bar at 4:30PM for sail away. Hope you will join us there.

We will check out the information for the LGBT meeting. We also generally go to the Martini Bar, but now that we have that free Elite Captain's club perk for cocktails from 4-6 PM so we may miss a few nights at the Martini Bar. Jerry is 6'2" and I am 5'8" you can't miss us either. We have a similar profile to you.:)

Funny, we just booked our reservations while we are up north to go to New Hope for three days in July. We will tell you about it when we see you on board.

Take care and look forward to meeting you both.

Neil & Jerry

Archived