cruise from SD ot Vancouver on Rotterdam

texasnana

we did this on the Veendam a few years back (SD to Vanc) and it was quite rocky! we have cruised around 15-16 times and have experienced 2 hurricanes but DH thought this was pretty rough!

of course, you could experience something totally different.

IMO go for it, as it is a cruise! and Vancouver is a wonderful city to visit...we hosted the 2010 Olympics, which went off so well!

I’ve cruised this route 4 times May, June, September & October and it has always been rough. Every cruise had a high percentage of 1st time cruisers “trying a short cruise to see if I like cruising”. Most of them get seasick and vow never to cruise again. I’ve always wondered who sold these 1st time cruisers on this Pacific coast route for a 1st cruise. They are one of the worst examples of a cruise. Besides the rough seas, the experience isn’t the same as a weeklong cruise both in the level of service, getting comfortable in your surroundings and getting to know your fellow passengers.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Many of these 4 night cruises are sold as a "package" by travel agencies. My mom and I did a package that included three nights in Las Vegas, transportation to San Diego, and then the 4 nights on the Ryndam from San Diego to Vancouver. It was a little rocky one of the days out from San Diego, but we had a wonderful time.

Archived