Places to eat?

williamsk

Hi,

I usually like sampling local fare for lunch in port. Would any experienced cruisers be able to recommend good spots for Alaska?

I am not limiting it to specific ports because I am sure that there are others out there with slightly different ports of call that are interested in the same information. Also, if you can include a suggested dish and rough price range I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your help,

Katie

There are great restaurants in every port. They post their menus in their windows. The crab legs on the cruise ship dock in Juneau are reputed to be the best in the world!! I have no idea of the names of the restaurants in various ports, but there is lots to choose from and normally within walking distance.

The crab place the last poster referred to near the ship docks in Juneau is Tracey's Crab Shack - google it and check our their menu with prices (with photos). Yum - looks delicious!!!! I've heard from others that the crab legs are the size of a human arm and well worth the $$$$. Haven't been yet, but will be grabbing some of those badboys on our stop in Juneau on June 11th this year - you can count on that!!!;)

Archived