Here is an odd question

THEWIFE

Here is an odd question: are the balcony rooms behind the "X" on Celebrity ships considered obstructed balcony rooms? :confused:

I don't believe they are (at least not because of the X), but the only ship that is affected by this is Solstice.

I believe the answer is no. I believe the obstructed views happen primarily because of window washing equipment

Obstructed views are generally lifeboat related I think. Check the spreadsheets for listings of obstructed cabins. I don't think there is any price break for window washing equipment as it doesn't actually block your view entirely.

They are not classified as obstructed. We had one on the Solstice TA and it didn't bother us. It is slightly reflective but only covered part of the glass, so we turned our chairs in the other direction.

Sheila

Thanks. I was just wondering, since we have already booked, if we would have been told we were behind the"X" at the time of booking. I assume, by your answer, that we would not have been. It sounds like it doesn't even matter if we are.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Most of the ships that I have seen for Celebrity have the "X" on the smoke stack! This is why I was wondering how you could think that it would be a problem. Sorry if you took offense I thought you were being wise.

Here is an odd question: are the balcony rooms behind the "X" on Celebrity ships considered obstructed balcony rooms? :confused:

Check this thread. It will tell you exactly what you want to know with pictures included. Enjoy your cruise. We haven't been lucky enough yet to sail on any of the S class ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1031600

Archived