Information pls on 3 in a suite

flashdog_1

Until recently I know that only mini suites, the AB, what is it called A3 which is like the AB but in the Courtyard?, and Garden Villa were the only "upper level" cabins offered for 3 people.

I'd read people disappointed because they were unable to book their baby in a suite with them since they were (other than stated above) limited to 2 guests per suite.

I read a few weeks ago that an inside source said that some of the suites were being outfitted with pull out sofas so they could hold 3.

Sure enough, when I do a make believe booking for my upcoming cruise in September, it now shows not only the above, but the AC available for 3 (this is on Dawn).

Just a minute ago I saw a slide show of an AD showing a pullout sofa (bed made up), so thought it might be for 3. Is that the one they call the "romance suite"?

Certainly it's possible that the ADs are sold out, but the ship is really virtually empty at this point, 6 months out.

Does anyone know if ADs will hold 3, or used to hold 3?

and the AEs also are not showing for 3. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Having trouble following the thoughts here, but

Mini-suites are NOT upper level rooms. As the price indicates, they are basically a deluxe balcony.

AB's are really great for 3+ people. The extra little bedroom is wonderful.

AE and AD are one large room. If they do outfit the couch, you need to know thet it is the same large room.

Thanks Garycarla, but I have a balcony, so anything above a balcony to me is "upper level" even if an AF is not a real suite. They are all "above" my category, so my thinking was "upper level," as opposed to interior and outside being below me, but still sleeping 3. Not trying to confuse anyone, just trying to clarify which rooms have sleeping for 3.

I swear I just saw photos of an AD posted showing a door between the main part of the suite and the bedroom, plus the sofa pulled out. I found it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1162353

Do you suppose they vary from ship to ship, just as the square footage varies by as much as 30 sq ft in the same category on the same ship? I'm really just trying to learn the differences, and the newness of allowing 3 in some suites.

We were able to book our under 2 year old into an AD, but it had to be done over the phone. It seems that on some ships, they do exempt cribs. However, now that our son is 3, we have to go to an AC or above depending on the ship.

I also found the ACs on the Dawn now appear to hold 3 (looking at summer 2011) although they still state max occupancy as 2. I was going to ask my PCC to clarify but haven't done so yet. AEs and ADs did not appear for "booking" 3 people.

Thanks Garycarla, but I have a balcony, so anything above a balcony to me is "upper level" even if an AF is not a real suite. They are all "above" my category, so my thinking was "upper level," as opposed to interior and outside being below me, but still sleeping 3. Not trying to confuse anyone, just trying to clarify which rooms have sleeping for 3.

I swear I just saw photos of an AD posted showing a door between the main part of the suite and the bedroom, plus the sofa pulled out. I found it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1162353

Do you suppose they vary from ship to ship, just as the square footage varies by as much as 30 sq ft in the same category on the same ship? I'm really just trying to learn the differences, and the newness of allowing 3 in some suites.

That's the picture I took in AD 9710 on the Spirit, which is different from any other NCL ship. The cabin had a separate bedroom, and there was a couch that folded out into a bed for a child or small adult in the living room. On the other NCL ships that I've been on (Jewel class and the Star), the AD is one large room with one bed.

Archived